softball

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Mia

Dec 21, 2020
Hi, i’m 13 and have played city league softball my whole life and i’m about to start high school ball. I have regretted not playing travel ball A LOT for the past few months. I just need reassuring that i can make the team without playing travel and just city league.

May 24, 2013
So Cal
A lot of it will depend on the level of competition at your HS. At my daughter's school, anyone with a few years of experience playing the game at any level is probably going to make Varsity. My daughter started playing travel ball at 10yo, and was the best player on her HS team as a freshman. Her team is not the worst in the league. However, there are a couple of other teams in her league that have experienced travel ball players riding the bench and getting very little playing time. One of those teams is a top-ranked team in the state. They're ridiculously good. My point is that not every HS team is the same.

The best you can do is get out on the practice field and get your skills as sharp as they can be before tryout time. When tryouts come, do your best and see what happens. Go get it!!

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bmac81802