Softball war stories

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jan 8, 2019
We probably ALL had that bat, because let's face it, there were only three bats - that one, the one with maroon lettering, and the black / sliver one. And really, most of us before high school didn't even "have" the bat...the team bag had it.
Exactly!!! It was a BIG deal for someone to own their own bat! (Took about 8 months to convince my folks!) No DD just bats her eyes, "Are the new bats out yet, Daddy?" (Kidding for my DD.)

Oct 3, 2019
Downer story:

Back when I ran the rec program ...

Our local fields are adjacent to the train tracks that run through town. The tracks run on the other side of the parking lot, which is a long narrow lot/alley that runs through the park. Saturday morning games, team pictures ... busy day all around.

Somebody’s dog gets hit by the train and is thrown across the parking lot right next to the playground in the outfield. The poor thing was still alive, but “all over the place”. The local on duty police officer arrives and tries to call county animal control. Animal control said they won’t respond as there is no chance of the dog surviving. So the officer has to put the dog down ...

We tried to clear as much of the park as we could. Even with two games and all the crowd noise, the shot was easily heard.

And that still wasn’t my worst day up there ...
Really??? My God!

Sep 19, 2018
I was about 22 just starting to play Modified Fast Pitch. Last game of the season, we needed to win to make the playoffs. We lost. I probably played like crap. I was mad at myself for something. I threw the bat bag into the trunk of the hatch back and clipped the side of the opening with the knob of the bat. I shattered the rear side panel window. SOB!!!!

Feb 3, 2016
A team war story.
Last day of a tournament and only had 9 kids that day.
One kid was getting sick from breakfast. Couldn't play because she was vomiting uncontrollably.

Played the game with 8 players.

During the second game our pitcher got hit in the shin by a comebacker. After the game had to get xray between games. Didn't know if she was coming back.

Back down to 8 as the vomiting player returned to play.

Last game and the CHAMPIONSHIP game.

A player was given off ton of attitude and wouldn't pay attention during pre-game fly balls being hit to the outfield. She got drilled in the top of the head as she wouldn't turn and face the coaches.

Back down to 8 players until her Dad arrived with 25 minutes remaining in the game. He demanded she play as he didn't drive an hour and 30 minutes to see her on the bench.

Time expired, 2 out with tying run called out at home. Tough day and win for sure. Keep grinding.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bmac81802