Softball Team Travel by Plane

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Sep 17, 2009
Any suggestions for softball travel by plane as far as bags and equipment? Do you check their regular bat bag? What do you do with bats? Any no-nos or don't-do's based on experience? Any bad experiences with broken or lost bags/equipment?

TKS.

Mar 13, 2010
They take their normal bat bags and everything goes in that.

An aboustle MUST for their carry on bags are gloves and playing uniforms. Those are irreplacable. Bats won't be alloowed on the plane sadly.

Nov 5, 2009
St. Louis MO
My DD packs her bat in her duffle bag that is checked and she carries on her bat bag with all of her other equipment and uniforms. She has the back pack style bat bag.

Coach-n-Dad

Crazy Daddy
Oct 31, 2008
DD's team travels by air once per year. Personal equipment bag gets checked with bat, helmet and non-softball stuff. Carry on includes 1 uniform (same one for entire team), cleats, glove. Bag that goes under the plane is locked.

Sep 17, 2009
Thanks everyone. I thought you couldn't lock checked bags anymore?

(been hearing we should worry about stolen bats, I know it's paranoid, but...)...

Feb 1, 2012
NJ
Make sure uniforms, gloves, cleats and a ball are in the suitcases. If you can do them in carry on, even better. Check with the airline for bag fees. Some of them can be expensive. If the airline is going to charge by the bag, one way you can make it cheaper is to stuff more than one bag into one of those large golf hard travel bags. You will be amazed at how much stuff you can pack into one of those. If you do it right you can stuff three girls worth of stuff in to one of those and lots of extra balls.

Jul 26, 2010
Thanks everyone. I thought you couldn't lock checked bags anymore?

(been hearing we should worry about stolen bats, I know it's paranoid, but...)...

You can lock checked bags with TSA approved locks (the kind with TSA keys that everyone who is interested in stealing anything has on their keyring).

=W

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Robertsonwhitney45