Softball revenge stories

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Apr 11, 2012
Website bragging on which colleges his players are attending?

I love it when the "Gold" teams put front and center on their home page the colleges the players are going to in a subliminal effort to say "Look what we can do for you".

oh yeah...."front and center"....for sure. Of course I did the website, but my hypocrisy only goes so far....but free at last....free at last.

Apr 25, 2010
Last year, my DD was a Freshman starting as the Varsity pitcher on a pretty weak HS team. The next district over has the local super stud pitcher that throws 70mph. That team's coach had seen my DD pitch over the summer and told his team not to take her lightly. Well, super stud started talking trash about DD as early as September. When we finally played them in conference, DD was holding the opposing team to 2 runs going into the 6th inning, and super stud was pitching a perfect game against DD's team. Well, super stud walked our #4 batter, so there went the perfect game, but was still throwing a no-hitter. DD got up to bat, stud threw the first pitch and DD waved as it flew by...lol. Next pitch, super stud threw a 55mph change up. DD dumped it over the shortstop's head for her team's only hit of the game. By the cheers, you would have thought we won the World Series. That was the only hit our team had gotten against super stud in the 3 years that super stud had been pitching for the other team. And the only time DD's HS hadn't been mercy ruled by her. We lost 3-0. Super stud is a senior this year, and DD has only gotten better at the plate, so I am really looking forward to this...lol.

Last edited:
Jul 19, 2014
Madison, WI
Not really revenge, and an interesting twist...

DD #3 was getting a bit unhappy that her TB coaches were taking her out of the cirlce earlier than DD would've liked. Her TB coaches also coached a rec ball team. DD #3 was not on that team.

So, whenever DD #3 pitched against the rec ball team coached by her TB coaches, DD #3 was on FIRE! For example, the last time she faced their team, she pitched 2 innings: no hits, no runs, 5 K, 1 BB, 1 ground out. DD #3 was VERY upset at herself for allowing that 1 BB. That was typical of the way she pitched against any team her TB coaches were coaching.

At one point, during the warmups for a tournament, the TB HC took me aside and pointed out DD #3 was completely relaxed pitching rec ball, but got extremely tense pitching TB, and didn't pitch nearly as well. So, her TB coaches made a point to encourage DD #3, get her to relax a bit, and DD #3 got a LOT more circle time in tournaments. DD was pitching complete games after a while, instead of being pulled after an inning or two.

Not revenge, everyone was happy in the end.

JJsqueeze

Dad, Husband....legend
Jul 5, 2013
safe in an undisclosed location
alas....our revenge was not to be had....the games did not get rained out but a last second schedule change moved this team out of our path. But interestingly enough, a girl left a team and joined our team last week. We played them and lost so at least someone got a revenge story this weekend.

Oct 22, 2009
I am wondering if anyone wants to roll around in the dirt a little and admit that they have taken great pleasure in reveling in their daughter's success against a team/coach/player that may have smack talked/overlooked/ or otherwise dissed your little princess. DD and a teammate have the opportunity to dish out some payback in the near future and I am really looking forward to the game.

My DD was blackballed in high school for leaving the league in 12u and going travel ball. Back then that was a big no-no as it weakened the local league and placing high in B state was every coaches dream goal.

The high school coach was guided by the parents, he didn't know much about softball anyway. By the time DD entered high school the other girls had moved on to travel ball, but her dues were yet to be paid.
The coach made a Freshman team just to put DD on with all the kids that had never played before. The other freshman pitcher got JV and helped Varsity.

Her Sophomore year, he got rid of the freshman team and moved her to JV, making the other sophomore, Varsity pitcher.
I consistently reminded my daughter of patience and letting things work themselves out.

Her Junior year the coach was fired, new coach put DD on the Varsity mound and threw the other junior pitcher out in the outfield. We won every game all the way to Regionals, we were on the News, calling us the Cinderella team that came from nowhere and took the top state rank teams by storm.
Lost the game that would have sent us to State in the 9th tied up till then 0-0.--A vicious round of errors.

Coach won All County Coach of the Year
DD won All County MVP

It was terribly painful to get there, but well worth it in the end.

Oct 22, 2009
I also had a pitcher whose high school coach refused to pitch her. The coach and her dad had a bad reputation with each other from when her older sister was on the team. So younger sister got no mound time.

Dad finally had enough and moved her to another district. She won state that year.

Years ago, DD1 was HS catcher, and the pitcher's father constantly complained about pitch calls (DD1 called pitches from LL up and HS coaches trusted her to do it) even though Pitcher had two no hitters and one perfect game against one of our biggest rivals during senior year. These two had always been rivals all through rec league, but worked great together in MS and HS....until District Tournament of Jr year. I saw that DD1 (catcher) was visibly upset during a very close game, win it and we are going to regionals (worst we could be was second in district). I did something I never did, I went to edge of dugout to find out what was wrong. She told me that pitcher was ignoring her calls and doing what her dad (who was sitting next to the college coach that she had verbal with) was calling.
I started watching and sure enough it was the truth. I was dumbfounded. In 5th or 6th inning DD1 calls an outside pitch with other team's stud batting. She sets up outside, but pitch was a meatball. You guessed it, two or three run homerun and we end up losing by two runs. Season over. DD1 is livid, HS coaches know what is going on, do and say nothing about it.
Fast-forward to that fall, Pitcher signs with school (local NAIA, great program) but offer to DD1 mysteriously dries up. I find out years later that Pitcher's dad had flat out lied about DD1, rumors of drugs, boys, etc. DD1, ends up signing with another team out of state.
Both go on to college and but when, DD1's team comes to play Pitcher's team in a double header.....Pitcher gets one at bat as a pinch hitter, DD1 starts both games at catcher, throws out two attempting to steal, goes 2 for5 on the day, teams split.
Two years later I see that coach at a clinic and he goes out of his way to speak to me, and in his own way tell me that he wished things had been different.

Nov 1, 2008
As background, I'll explain how Alabama handles the playoffs. The state is divided into regions, each region into areas. The teams in a given area play each other twice during the season to determine who hosts the area tournament. The top 2 teams from the area tournament advance to regionals. The top 2 from each region advance to the state tournament of 8 teams.

In 2013, DD's highschool team finished 3rd in the area, but won the area tournament and went to the regional tournament. They won their first game and lost the next 2 and were eliminated.

In 2014 there was a good bit of smack talking from the team that finished 2nd in our area because they went to the state tournament in 2013 and reached the quarterfinals before being eliminated. They were called chokers and all that stuff.

The rival team split regular season games but hosted the area tournament and ended up finishing first in the area tournament, beating us twice. Our school finished 2nd but advanced to regionals.

The regional tournament is where the magic began to happen. The 2 teams that beat us in 2013 were our first 2 wins. Great revenge from the season before! Our 3rd win was against the area rival. They finished 2nd in the region, and our school went to state as the #1 qualifier in our region.

Our first game at state was against the 4 time in a row defending 2A state champions. Their coach told our coach it would "be a good experience" for our girls to get to play in the state tournament for the first time. Beat them.

Next game? 2013 state runners up. Beat them too.

Game 3....Not so good. Got no hit by an 8th grade stud. She was tough.

Game 4? Those 4 time defending champs again! We were down 2-0 when DD came up with a runner on and tied it with her 2nd homer of the season! I almost climbed over the fence in excitement. Next batter reaches and up comes out senior leader in everything. Best pitcher, best hitter. She blasts another 2 run homer! We go on to beat the 4 time defending champs again and send them home!

So we made it to the state championship game and have to play the 8th grade stud again. She didn't throw another no hitter but she shut us out and they won state. So we finished as runners up.

Our rival? Yeah they didn't fare so well. Must have choked.

Apr 11, 2012
great story and thanks for sharing....but 8th grad stud? Middle school kids can play in HS in Alabama for 6 years?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
3girlsDad