Softball returns to Dallas...and everyone ignores social distancing

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

radness

Possibilities & Opportunities!
Dec 13, 2019
Daily cases have tripled because they are testing people with symptoms.
...they are testing people with symptoms and finding more positive tests.
=The attendance in hospitals has gone up.

They are testing people without symtoms also with more postive results who arent going into the hospital.

Aug 16, 2019
NORTH TEXAS
all i know is I'm in Texas, I was at the last 2 tournaments in the Dallas Fort Worth area where this article came from. My DD had a great time playing. D2, D3 ,JC and NAIA school where in the stands and our coaching staffed allowed a college coach to essentially coach a baseline during a pool game.. Girls thought that was cool. No one on our team got sick or had any issues.

Reactions: NEF
Apr 1, 2017
How about this folks, if you don't feel safe then DON'T PLAY! Stop the lamenting. If you feel safe. Play. Crazy how that works.
For any one of us, that does work. For the most part, I do feel safe with what we are doing and we have our first tournament this weekend.
However, in the bigger picture, when looking at large tournaments, or sending my son to college, etc. the decisions will be made by administrators, health departments, politicians, and "the media". If the cases, hospitalizations, deaths are increasing, it's bad for all of us, even if we aren't directly associated with the sick/dead.

Mar 6, 2016
How about this folks, if you don't feel safe then DON'T PLAY! Stop the lamenting. If you feel safe. Play. Crazy how that works.

How about this folks, if you don't wanna follow the safety policies and new health rules set by the tournament or site, DON'T PLAY! Stop the lamenting about your "rights" and egos. If you are a considerate person and follow the guidelines, PLAY. Crazy how that works. 😜

Apr 28, 2014
Any data source for these 2 assertions. I dont have any contrary data just anecdotal evidence from living in NY, the former epicenter. I have seen no data comparing the characteristics of those tested but here early on you could only get a test if you were very ill as testing ramped up the group that was tested became more diverse and started to include asymptomatic individuals and repeat testing of those who were negative but in high risk situations, so one person could account for multiple negative results.

I have seen data to support a low fatality rate for younger people with no pre-existing conditions I have not seen data that chronicles how sick these people get. I have dozens of examples of healthy people in the 35-55 age group getting very ill but eventually recovering. Direct quote from my college roommate "believe me you don't want to get this". Would love to know statistically how likely these anecdotal examples are.

Apr 16, 2013
How about this folks, if you don't wanna follow the safety policies and new health rules set by the tournament or site, DON'T PLAY! Stop the lamenting about your "rights" and egos. If you are a considerate person and follow the guidelines, PLAY. Crazy how that works. 😜
Can you please quote where I said don't follow the safety policies?

Mar 6, 2016
Can you please quote where I said don't follow the safety policies?
I never said you personally by name did or did not follow policies. I just used your quote and put it in a different context. If you can use the term "you" for your context, so can I. 😷😜

Apr 16, 2013
I never said you personally by name did or did not follow policies. I just used your quote and put it in a different context. If you can use the term "you" for your context, so can I. 😷😜
Nope, I demand you remove your post and apologize, otherwise... Well I'll stomp, scream, and call you names. :D

Mar 6, 2016
Nope, I demand you remove your post and apologize, otherwise... Well I'll stomp, scream, and call you names. :D

No need to do that here. 😀I see enough of that crap of people bitchin at each other on Facebook. I come here to this board for civilized discourse and our shared obsession with all of our DDs softball abilities. 😜😂🍺

Jun 19, 2016
The one tournament I have been to that they were enforcing social distancing only made it worst. Only letting teams in when game before finished and that resulted in a big group at the gate.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fjhood