Softball returns to Dallas...and everyone ignores social distancing

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

sluggers

Super Moderator
Staff member
May 26, 2008
Dallas, Texas

Attachments

• softball-players.JPG
    softball-players.JPG
    121.6 KB · Views: 82
Nov 8, 2018
There is a big tournament in Plano, TX, just outside of Dallas. Of course, no one is following the social distancing rules.

This is exactly what I would expect. Did the USSSA think anyone would listen to their rules. Come on. Will they send out the social distancing police? Ha.
Not gunna happen.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

May 7, 2015
SoCal
On one hand I'm glad that the game is being played how it was intended to be played, upbeat and social in nature. Celebrating the big moments and coming together in team meetings is important. It would be way to sterile playing how USSSA videoed that mock game. Talk about a buzz kill.

But in terms of Covid, yeah all the guidelines have clearly been thrown out the window and I'm sure that the close quarters of all players and parents/fans can't be a good thing. Time will tell on how these things affect the virus' transmission.

Oct 4, 2018
This is exactly what I would expect. Did the USSSA think anyone would listen to their rules. Come on. Will they send out the social distancing police? Ha.
Not gunna happen.

Exactly.

... and if you read the final version of the rules, there were no rules. It was "We strongly recommend...". Now I don't blame them as no one was going to enforce or follow the rules anyway, but it was silly.

We've been to a few tournaments and I'm sure everyone has seen dozens of posts on facebook and elsewhere. Our team does not do anything after the games (no high fives, no silly prayer circles) and each family brings a tent. That, along with being outside, makes us feel about as safe as we can playing games.

But so many teams and fans look and act like they don't know there's a virus out there. Kinda sad.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sstop28