Softball Camps/Clinics

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jul 25, 2011
Southern Illinois
Not sure if this is the place to post this, but couldn't find a place to review a camp on your site.
DD attended St. Louis Baseball and Fastpitch Academy's Future Stars clinic today. Clinic was 4 hrs long and cost $50. They took about 30 min. for a lunch break and served pizza and chips. So if you pro-rate for a free meal($3) and a free facility tee shirt($12 for a good quality,which it is) that's $35 for 3 1/2 hrs of instruction. That's $10/hr.
The clinic had space for 70 girls and had 6 or 7 instructors. However, there were only 24 girls, so student /instructor ratio was very good.
The facility was very nice and clean. There were a ton of hitting tunnels and pitching lanes with various equipment. The defensive/fielding area was smaller than expected, but adequate for in field work. There were a lot of team and individual displays showing past/present student accomplishments. I know that they are also a baseball academy but about 75% of the displays were fastpitch.
The instruction was very good. Instructors interacted well with the girls and there was no squishing the bug nonsense. I felt all the teaching was sound, with most of the instructors being recently out of college. I believe one was a shortstop for Mizzou, but I didn't hold it against her.:) Various offensive and defensive drills were performed, as well as drills on sliding. DD was challenged but had a blast, with a smile on her face the whole time.
The only thing I have negative to say is that they really didn't do everything they advertised. They didn't really work on bunting or slapping(dd is a righty so I might've missed this), and there was supposed to be a presentation on nutrition(which I don't really think 10u and 8u are worried about) that I either missed or didn't happen(dd said I didn't miss it). Also, at the beginning an instructor said awards would be given out. Unless you count candy after a couple games as rewards this didn't happen either.I can't see everything and might have missed something. The positives far exceed any slight negatives.
The important thing is that dd had a great experience at a clinic she knew absolutely no one at. She was challenged and learned a great deal. She rambled on about tips she picked up and demonstated several key fundamentals that they worked on. Her favorite was the work they did on sliding.
Overall I would give this clinic an A, only missing an A+ by a few small points. We will definately return in the future.

Nov 22, 2011
Lakeville, MA
Thanks for the feedback.

I will be working on getting an area added to the website that will allow you to review camps/clinics that you have attended (and a few other topics that may be of interest).

I have also added the clinic you recommended to the site as well.

Take care.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bmac81802