softball armband

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 16, 2016
Illinois
so how would the coach say this to a player? also thank you.

1609647525417.png

For this card the coach generally call a color first then the number

The coach would say:

"Red 44" which would mean Steal

"Red 47" also means steal

"Blue 33" means Bunt

and so on.

I would expect this card to be used 10u softball. Good teams would pick the signs very quickly at older ages if a team used this card.

Reactions: Mia
May 16, 2016
Illinois
If you are using arm bands to call signs the coach will go over this with the team. I promise you they are not difficult to understand. The only time I have seen a player have a difficult time is if they have issue with dyslexia.

Mia

Dec 21, 2020
One more variation. This one allows the coach to change the number that is important every inning.

For example lets say it is the first inning and the first sign is the only number that means anything. Coach could call

A- 2134 which would be FB In
B- 3214 would be Drop In

Remember that the only number that means anything is the first number, all the rest are dummy signs.

Then in the 2nd inning, the 2nd number would be the only number that means anything.

Second inning for example

A- 2134 would mean - low change
B3214 would mean - curve out.

Then in the 3rd inning only the third number would mean anything.

APITCHPITCHB
0FB MIDDLECURVE IN0
1LOW CHANGECURVE OUT1
2FB INDROP LOW & OUT2
3FB OUTDROP IN3
4FB 4" OUTFB HIGH & IN4
5DROPCHANGE LOW OUT5
6CURVE OUTFB MIDDLE6
7FB LOW & OUTRISE7
8CHANGECURVE 4" OUT8
9FB HIGH & OUTCHANGE 4" OUT9
Ok thank you! I just wanted to know because almost all the girls trying out are doing travel and i didn’t want to embarrass myself. Thank you again!!

Mia

Dec 21, 2020
Hi do we are doing in gym practices or tryouts in about a week or two and i was just wondering what they will make us do? like for example will we hit into nets and learn some things. maybe even about the arm band?

Oct 26, 2019
I’m guessing you will do basic fundamentals in the gym sessions. Hit in a cage or into nets, wiggles, etc. throw, catch, and run.

mad someone said earlier - don’t worry about the armband. I 100% promise you that no coach has ever said “I would have kept Susie on the team, she’s a pretty good player with potential, but we had to let her go because she has never used an arm band.”

Anytime a coach takes a new player on a team there is going to be some adjustment to the way that particular coach does his signs and signals. Don’t worry about it. It’s a non-issue.

Mia

Dec 21, 2020
I’m guessing you will do basic fundamentals in the gym sessions. Hit in a cage or into nets, wiggles, etc. throw, catch, and run.

mad someone said earlier - don’t worry about the armband. I 100% promise you that no coach has ever said “I would have kept Susie on the team, she’s a pretty good player with potential, but we had to let her go because she has never used an arm band.”

Anytime a coach takes a new player on a team there is going to be some adjustment to the way that particular coach does his signs and signals. Don’t worry about it. It’s a non-issue.
Thank you for letting me know! my uncle is a coach for maybe 16u travel and he said he would help me practice hitting but idk when. and hs softball starts in about a week.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bmac81802