So who has started playing again?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Sep 26, 2011
Well, supe disheartening - CT gov just sent a clarification that while gathering of 25 before 6/20 is ok, no sports with shared equipment, and a ball IS shared equipment- effectively killing practices.

Where did you see this?? I know all orgs around us are planning on 6/20.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Apr 28, 2019
Well, supe disheartening - CT gov just sent a clarification that while gathering of 25 before 6/20 is ok, no sports with shared equipment, and a ball IS shared equipment- effectively killing practices.

I believe each team supplying their own balls for games alleviates the “shared ball” factor.
In reference to sharing balls at a practice I’m not sure we’re talking about the same issue.
My understanding is the same team wether in practice or games can handle the same balls. Obviously hand sanitizer after playing catch or fielding practice should be the norm.
Dave Rocha of Fast Pitch Nation in Bloomfield/Windsor CT has been working closely with state officials to get his business up and running again.
June 20th is 1st scheduled tourney and I wouldn’t think they would allow a tournament if teams weren’t able to practice.
I think you may have misinterpreted something along the way.
We are scheduled to play at FPN on 6/20 and haven’t been updated on any other recent changes to that start date. So it’s a go as far as I know at this time.

Mar 22, 2016
Southern California
Received an email last night from our rec league that USA Softball of Southern California has asked leagues to assemble All-Star teams for July/August to be prepared for possible tournaments. Nothing guaranteed, but this is the first I've heard from our league since refund instructions went out.

Mar 6, 2016
Received an email last night from our rec league that USA Softball of Southern California has asked leagues to assemble All-Star teams for July/August to be prepared for possible tournaments. Nothing guaranteed, but this is the first I've heard from our league since refund instructions went out.

Hmmm interesting? Usually the District B Finals are in Lancaster around July 4th weekend. May e they are just pushing it back to get a couple tourneys in. Where are you at? We haven't heard anything in our area (Mission Viejo, Laguna Niguel area). Im not sure how many teams/ages we'd even be able to put together. Most families have "scratched" softball this summer and just planning for fall ball.

Mar 22, 2016
Southern California
Hmmm interesting? Usually the District B Finals are in Lancaster around July 4th weekend. May e they are just pushing it back to get a couple tourneys in. Where are you at? We haven't heard anything in our area (Mission Viejo, Laguna Niguel area). Im not sure how many teams/ages we'd even be able to put together. Most families have "scratched" softball this summer and just planning for fall ball.

I'm in Corona, so Corona Girls Softball Association. From the league's email, it seems like finals would be in August, and the phrase "a few" was used to guess how many tournaments would be played. There was also the mention of possibly only playing on Sundays for the tournaments, rather than Fri-Sun.

Dec 15, 2018
CT
Where did you see this?? I know all orgs around us are planning on 6/20.Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
it was email yesterday from USA softball from Jess Caro. I agree we’re good for 6/20, but if you believe her, not before then...
Subject: USA Softball of CT **Correction**
A correction on yesterday's email that I sent!
It was brought to my attention yesterday evening that we were misinformed about some information regarding about the loosening of the restrictions. Our Governor has modified the outdoor group gatherings from 5 ppl to 25ppl however, the restriction also states that there shall be no "contact sport that involves use of shared equipment, such as a ball" allowed.
It is my responsibility to update you on this information. I am sorry for the miscommunication and thankful for the person who brought this to my attention. I have attached the link that states this information.

https://portal.ct.gov/-/media/Offic...MvGCb0aXMIKRlkE8zk6_hwTYHze4gMIh2VJ9f29QSUn2w

Additionally, I will be on the road today and tomorrow with team packets! If you are available to receive them today or tomorrow please shoot me a text and I will get them to you!

Thanks a bunch guys!

Apr 1, 2017
Had our first practice yesterday. Org is requiring masks for players when not active. At practice, they are always doing something, so no masks. However, they want coaches to always have them on. Was only around 70 yesterday, but it’s pretty miserable wearing the mask for 2 hours.

Jan 13, 2020
So Michigan lifted the stay home and is allowing gatherings up to 100. Also allowing games to begin June 8th. It was odd that it said participants must keep 6 feet social distancing. Has anyone else had this in their rules and how does this work?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bmac81802