So who has started playing again?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Apr 26, 2015
"Masks for all including players" Yeah, not gonna play if that is a requirement.

Is that only for Colorado, or all Triple Crown tournaments?

The TC director said tourneys may look different depending on where they are being played. Those TC rules are not for everywhere - it’s just to beg and plead with our CO governor and health department to let the girls practice/play. Right now if we want to play we have to leave the state. Which we are planning on doing at least 3 times in the next month if CO doesn’t open. Already went once.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mar 6, 2016
Ask and you shall receive. USSSA issued their post Covid-19 guidelines a few weeks ago: USSSA Covid19-Return to Play guidelines

Triple Crown just sent this email:

LIVE PRESENTATION in 30 MINUTES!

Triple Crown founder Dave King is giving a live virtual presentation with video footage of how to run baseball/softball games and events in a safe manner.

We teamed up with the State of Colorado and Larimer County health officials and ran a mock event on our private facility yesterday (Thursday) with strict protocols in place.

In doing so, we were able to craft a Return to Play plan and video that organizations, coaches, municipalities, etc., can share with government officials in states like Colorado and California where there is still no direction on getting kids back on the ballfields.

Please join us for the presentation and then do your part to get this information out. It's time to get back to playing ball!

For a quick "CliffsNotes" to the video...I attached the guidelines for TCS.
Capture+_2020-05-29-18-55-48~2.png
Capture+_2020-05-29-18-53-51~2.pngCapture+_2020-05-29-18-52-26~2.pngWOW!!! I just can't see tournament directors/security getting people to comply with some of these that TCS requires. Especially "Everyone must wear masks." And that fans can only sit on the X or the spots. 😵 Good luck with that....

Seems from those who've played it was the old "normal" and nothing much followed.

Last edited:
Dec 15, 2018
CT
Well, supe disheartening - CT gov just sent a clarification that while gathering of 25 before 6/20 is ok, no sports with shared equipment, and a ball IS shared equipment- effectively killing practices.

Dec 11, 2010
I have been wearing a mask with a valve at work. I only have to wear it 15-20 min at a time but it’s exhausting. I don’t know how you could play with one.

makes me realize what our healthcare workers have been going through

Jan 13, 2020
Well, supe disheartening - CT gov just sent a clarification that while gathering of 25 before 6/20 is ok, no sports with shared equipment, and a ball IS shared equipment- effectively killing practices.
That is so disappointing, especially when we now know that transmission of this virus doesn’t happen through touching surfaces.

Apr 20, 2018
SoCal
For a quick "CliffsNotes" to the video...I attached the guidelines for TCS.
View attachment 18033
View attachment 18034View attachment 18035WOW!!! I just can't see tournament directors/security getting people to comply with some of these that TCS requires. Especially "Everyone must wear masks." And that fans can only sit on the X or the spots. 😵 Good luck with that....

Seems from those who've played it was the old "normal" and nothing much followed.
When the girl is rounding second and headed to third passes out due to oxygen deprivation maybe they will rethink their stupidity. I despise politically correct ignorance. politician and bureaucrat= dumb and dumber.

Apr 16, 2013
If they actually tried to mandate masks during any sport, I'd suggest making a mask out of lace. Fight stupidity with stupidity. Where does it say what level the mask must reach? N95 level masks being made by your mom and her sewing machine? I'd like to quote a wonderful line from the movie Tropic Thunder, but...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bmac81802