So who has started playing again?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Mar 6, 2016
Just wondering who has started playing games and practicing? What state/city? Rec or Travel Ball? Tournaments or friendlies?

We are in So Cal (Orange County) and my older daughters HS season got canceled back in early April. My younger daughter in 12u Rec also got canceled and no leagues around here have started . Fields and parks still closed mostly. USA /ASA leagues here. We are usually about 3 weeks into All Stars (B level) out here for our REC leagues....but all gone now. But TB out here is mostly PGF or TCS tournaments and I havent seen any if those either.

Oct 3, 2011
Right Here For Now
Most of us in Ohio started back to practice this past weekend and will begin tournaments today. There's probably 10 or so tourneys state-wide and they're all pretty big since most teams are trying to play as many as they can get and are signing up for everything available. Rec leagues have the option to start but out of 7 or so in my area, only one is going to hold a season but without coach pitch or T-ball divisions for either BB or SB.

Jun 7, 2016
In NJ, Gov eased some restrictions. Our team found a public park field that allows us to practice conditioned upon appropriate protocols. Waiting to hear from tournament directors to see how our summer schedule fills out.

Apr 16, 2013
NC here, we've been practicing for a few weeks now. Tournaments start back next weekend. I thought SC would be ahead of us, but they actually shut down all planned tournaments for the first half of June. Was surprised by that. NC said, basically, the next day, we were open for business.

Dec 15, 2018
CT
Looks like 6/20 for CT.

Fastpitch Nation has been very public with their reopening, and has tournaments scheduled from that date on (I find it kind of amusing that the very first tournament is the "New England State Championships", but whatever).

Some teams are practicing split squad (4 girls and a coach at a time), some are still trying to determine if their players (parents) want to play, and if they have a full team. Some teams have folded because of this. Coaches are talking to each other trying to figure it all out.

Umps are being told to set up their blocks.

My DD's team seems to have enough parents/girls who want to return, so we'll have a team, but hasn't yet started to practice (thinking next week they'll start split squads, they got the go-ahead from our town to do so).

It all seems a bit disorganized and no one has the full story, picture, rules, liability issues quite down. But 6/20 is the target...

radness

Possibilities & Opportunities!
Dec 13, 2019
Just wondering who has started playing games and practicing? What state/city? Rec or Travel Ball? Tournaments or friendlies?

We are in So Cal (Orange County) and my older daughters HS season got canceled back in early April. My younger daughter in 12u Rec also got canceled and no leagues around here have started . Fields and parks still closed mostly. USA /ASA leagues here. We are usually about 3 weeks into All Stars (B level) out here for our REC leagues....but all gone now. But TB out here is mostly PGF or TCS tournaments and I havent seen any if those either.
Teams started practicing last week in Ventura.

Aug 1, 2019
MN
ND here, local teams been up and practicing for 2-3 weeks. First tourney is next weekend and has a record number of teams entered for an early bird.
Do you know if there are a lot of out of state teams coming that normally wouldn't? Mn is shut down for practice until Jun 1 and no official start date for games/tourneys. My son's BB team is entering a tournament in SD they normally wouldn't have so they can get some kind of playing in.
Of course re-opening is taking a back seat to burning down Minneapolis right now.

May 14, 2015
Bismarck ND
Do you know if there are a lot of out of state teams coming that normally wouldn't? Mn is shut down for practice until Jun 1 and no official start date for games/tourneys. My son's BB team is entering a tournament in SD they normally wouldn't have so they can get some kind of playing in.
Of course re-opening is taking a back seat to burning down Minneapolis right now.
A couple from Moorehead MN I noticed were coming, but not many more I saw. Just lots of ND teams. Lots of high school programs putting teams together it looks like to me. DD supposed to be doing more traveling with IP but just kinda holding tight right now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bmac81802