So we played....

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Oct 2, 2017
DD's team "played" 5 games this weekend. Pretty normal tournament bleachers were not roped off and people sat where they wanted to..including me sitting in my usual behind the OF seat. I put played in quotes because while DD's team was there physically not sure they were there mentally..lol.
Just Jealous you guys played. DD been wanting to get out on the field

Dec 26, 2017
Oklahoma
I will say, it seemed like parents and coaches were largely more well-behaved than normal. There are a couple in particular that I have in mind, who acted like human beings, to the disappointment of the crowd who'd gathered (many of which I know for a fact had no children playing in this particular game that didn't start until 10 pm lol).

Jun 8, 2016
Oh and I spoke to the newly minted human being before that and he was still his pompous self..maybe talking to me soothed him or something?

Jun 8, 2016
Your team playing in OKC tournament this weekend?
Yes although with the price and the number of teams that are actually in it now (went from like 90 to 17 in DD's age...lol) , I wish they had dropped and played in something else around here which has quality teams and is 600 bucks cheaper..

Last edited:
Nov 9, 2019
Yes although with the price and the number of teams that are actually in it now (went from like 90 to 17 in DD's age...lol) , I wish they had dropped and played in something else around here which has quality teams and is 600 bucks cheaper..
Same here. Saw today they are going to redo schedule and play 3 pool Sat., 1 pool Sun. then finish bracket Sunday. Pay monday only if they have rain. Could come home Sunday but will still have to pay for hotel sunday night.

Jun 8, 2016
Same here. Saw today they are going to redo schedule and play 3 pool Sat., 1 pool Sun. then finish bracket Sunday. Pay monday only if they have rain. Could come home Sunday but will still have to pay for hotel sunday night.
If my sleuthing is correct I think your team is in 12B as well, correct? ;) Also yes they are redoing the schedule so that Monday is now rainout only..wish they had added a few games to the GG while they were at it but I guess I cannot get too greedy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bmac81802