So we played....

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

marriard

Not lost - just no idea where I am
Oct 2, 2011
Florida
Back on the fields today. 2 wins. and now it is pool and cocktail time...

• It was interesting. Parents were spread along the outfield fence. I guess there was some social distancing. Generally parent cliques were together in groups.
  • Social distancing in the dugout doesn't work. It just doesn't.
  • Teams provided the balls for their team alone. Maybe that works - didn't change anything
  • Game played as normal.
  • They extended time between games and barred parents from restrooms between games.
  • No parents allowed in bleachers or hanging around the dugouts/warm up areas.
  • Game over - leave the fields.
  • Mass Masks optional. Not many choose to wear them
  • Waivers had to be signed and handed in by the entire team before they could play.

And as you exect - there were the 5% who just couldn't follow even these simple rules.

Was it actually effective? In a low risk, outside environment it was probably OK.

It was great to see DD and her teammates back on the field.

Last edited:

radness

Possibilities & Opportunities!
Dec 13, 2019
HEY marriard THANKU FOR POSTING THIS

What did umpires do? Back 6'?

marriard

Not lost - just no idea where I am
Oct 2, 2011
Florida
HEY marriard THANKU FOR POSTING THIS
What did umpires do? Back 6'?

Nope. Game on the field between the lines was played as normal.

Clermont? It’s hard to believe but we had some asshole parents arguing with the tournament director about where they could sit. Some things never change.

Yes Clermot. And yes I saw some parents arguing about where they could sit with the TD. Because... well because idiots. Hopefuly that wasn't your team

Mar 6, 2016
Did they tape off or block the bleachers behind home plate in that area? Did they block off CF ? Usually tournaments dont want people sitting in line of sight from hitter to pitcher so not distracting to hitter. Also keep a-holes from trying to video or steal signs of opposing team (if they use signs). That leaves RF and LF for all parents and all their "s#!+". Can't really social distance with just RF and LF areas. We havent started up yet out here in SoCal. Should be interesting to see how they try to do it.

Aug 28, 2018
When we played only scorekeeper on bleachers.was a great day at the fields. We got sit passed dug outs on baseline fences. Felt safe. Great tourny.

Feb 25, 2020
I'm just wondering how you guys got rid of the corona at your fields/parks. Here in NC our parks are still infested with corona. They are a cesspool apparently. Please let me know me know how you guys rid your softball fields of corona so I can write my governor. Our liquor stores are clean but our public parks are still infested. Thanks.

Apr 28, 2014
I'm just wondering how you guys got rid of the corona at your fields/parks. Here in NC our parks are still infested with corona. They are a cesspool apparently. Please let me know me know how you guys rid your softball fields of corona so I can write my governor. Our liquor stores are clean but our public parks are still infested. Thanks.
Need to go to Lowes, Costco and Walmart. They somehow figured it out. The churches they have not at least that's what we are being led to believe.
And ballparks are not safe ;)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bmac81802