So we played....

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

marriard

Not lost - just no idea where I am
Oct 2, 2011
Florida
Did they tape off or block the bleachers behind home plate in that area? Did they block off CF ? Usually tournaments dont want people sitting in line of sight from hitter to pitcher so not distracting to hitter. Also keep a-holes from trying to video or steal signs of opposing team (if they use signs). That leaves RF and LF for all parents and all their "s#!+". Can't really social distance with just RF and LF areas. We havent started up yet out here in SoCal. Should be interesting to see how they try to do it.

So no they didn't tape areas off. No CF was open for parents to sit in. Social distancing with parents was pretty much 'be comfortable not-social distancing within your parent group'

The FL Governor opened youth sports up on Friday so i am not sure if they will even have these guidelines next week.

If it had been indoor sport like basketbal or volleyball; it probably would not have been sufficient. Having a field sport definelty helps

Oct 4, 2018
We have a little 4 team round robin this weekend. We determined it was a good way to dip our toes back into competitive softball.

Only slight concern is that there's no real leader - no TD. Just the four teams. However, they are teams we know and we think it will go fine. And the field is 15 minutes from my house so we'll avoid bathrooms and concession stands best we can, go home when there are long breaks, etc.

Nov 1, 2013
I'm just wondering how you guys got rid of the corona at your fields/parks. Here in NC our parks are still infested with corona. They are a cesspool apparently. Please let me know me know how you guys rid your softball fields of corona so I can write my governor. Our liquor stores are clean but our public parks are still infested. Thanks.

Come on...it's isn't the location that is infected, it's people that are infected that visit these locations.

The church structures are clean, the parks are clean, the liquor stores are clean. It's the infected people that show up at these locations that is the problem. Spreading the virus to others they come too close to.

Mar 6, 2016
Come on...it's isn't the location that is infected, it's people that are infected that visit these locations.

The church structures are clean, the parks are clean, the liquor stores are clean. It's the infected people that show up at these locations that is the problem. Spreading the virus to others they come too close to.

Here...let me help you......Bonesaw's comment was meant to be "facetious".

Mar 28, 2014

Your Sarcasm meter needs repair.

Jun 8, 2016
DD's team "played" 5 games this weekend. Pretty normal tournament bleachers were not roped off and people sat where they wanted to..including me sitting in my usual behind the OF seat. I put played in quotes because while DD's team was there physically not sure they were there mentally..lol.

Nov 9, 2019
DD's team "played" 5 games this weekend. Pretty normal tournament bleachers were not roped off and people sat where they wanted to..including me sitting in my usual behind the OF seat. I put played in quotes because while DD's team was there physically not sure they were there mentally..lol.
Same way with us at ok tournament. Lots of rust to knock off. Diffently ready for them to put umpires back behind the plate and a base .

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
re.todd22