So.....Peel or Roll-over....why is one better then the other?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Feb 7, 2013
What she's doing doesn't even look like it's reasonable. It's nothing that resembles what could happen at anytime on a pitch. It is horrible looking at best. You say inappropriate, I say worthless.

You realize that's sluggers DD right?

Jul 14, 2008
head_up_ass.gif

May 4, 2009
Baltimore
I just said the drill looks worthless. That was the intent of my comment. I didn't know she was Sluggers daughter and wasn't trying to pick on anyone. Her hand is way far from her body and it doesn't look like it would be of value. If I am wrong about it's effectiveness then I have just learned something.

Aug 2, 2008
You really are out there coach fp. You clearly only pay attention to yourself.

It was a useful enough drill to help get her college paid for whether it works for you or not. I for one appreciate the balls it takes to post a video on here, thanks sluggers, and please thank your daughter also!

Last edited:

sluggers

Super Moderator
Staff member
May 26, 2008
Dallas, Texas
Clearly, the kid didn't know how to throw a drop...

[video=youtube_share;X6lMzskDTps]http://youtu.be/X6lMzskDTps[/video]

The scoreboard says 6-1, Ohio over Purdue. She allowed 1 run on 4 hits.

Yes, I know her form wasn't great. That was 2002, way before high speed videos and before anyone had good, solid information about pitching. If we had it do over again (which we don't), she would have been better.

One of the whole reasons I am involved here is to try to take the mystery out of pitching and help provide *REAL* information, as opposed to repeating fairy tales like "rising" pitches and "rollover" drops.

Last edited:
Apr 17, 2012
Wi
You should be ashamed oilf, just because you don't know somebody doesn't ever give you the right to belittle them. How would you feel if somebody were rude toward your dd? If you don't like the drill then explain why you don't like the drill, but to dismiss it because she is wearing flip flops is closed minded. Heck her dad probably asked her to do him a favor by videoing what they did when she was kid. His help and her talent seemed to get her pretty far.

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mariafermin279