So, how did Colorado go for some of you?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 24, 2013
So Cal
Eric, you were at the same places BB's team was though I don't think you played her team. (Collinsville Extreme)

We played teams from CO, TX, OH, MS, AZ, and NM. No IL teams. I see 2 teams from Collinsville on the list - "Extreme Elite 14U" and "Extreme Elite 14U Prospects". Which one is BB's team? Had I known she was there, I would have found the time to introduce myself.

Apr 26, 2015
^^^Definitely represented well. We came out with the win but they fought hard and never gave up. They were a good group of girls with classy coaches and parents. You have every reason to be proud!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jun 20, 2012
SoCal
We also had an AWESOME time whitewater rafting (unfortunately, some other teams had not-very-good experiences).

Eric and I discussed my experience out there, and we were part of the not-very-good experiences. DD2 and I were in a boat that went sideways into a bridge abutment. We all went into the river, and it was the scariest experience of my life. We had been rafting the year before and the roughest patch we encountered last year was calmer than the calmest patch we encountered this year. It was bad. The boat got stuck on the abutment and the guides shut down all of our boats about 20 minutes in to what was supposed to be a 2 hour adventure. They didn't care, they got their money. Oh, they refunded us $50 after days of complaining. We filled 4 boats and they refunded us $50. That's like a $2 refund for each of us. Ridiculous.

Anyone else get hailed on? Several of the vehicles in our group were heavily damaged by the hail, with repair estimates being anywhere from $3,000 to $10,000. Several of these cars were rentals, and the rental agencies at Denver airport were very quick to tell them that hail damage isn't covered under their super-expensive supplemental insurance. I fortunately parked under a tree that evening and escaped with two small dents. It also helped that I rented in California and drove to Colorado, so they weren't going to be looking for hail damage when we returned the car. The parents that rented from the airport are all waiting to get the bill from the rental agencies for repairing the damage. One rental already was hail-damaged, so they should be ok.

May 24, 2013
So Cal
Eric and I discussed my experience out there, and we were part of the not-very-good experiences. DD2 and I were in a boat that went sideways into a bridge abutment. We all went into the river, and it was the scariest experience of my life. We had been rafting the year before and the roughest patch we encountered last year was calmer than the calmest patch we encountered this year. It was bad. The boat got stuck on the abutment and the guides shut down all of our boats about 20 minutes in to what was supposed to be a 2 hour adventure. They didn't care, they got their money. Oh, they refunded us $50 after days of complaining. We filled 4 boats and they refunded us $50. That's like a $2 refund for each of us. Ridiculous.

Anyone else get hailed on? Several of the vehicles in our group were heavily damaged by the hail, with repair estimates being anywhere from $3,000 to $10,000. Several of these cars were rentals, and the rental agencies at Denver airport were very quick to tell them that hail damage isn't covered under their super-expensive supplemental insurance. I fortunately parked under a tree that evening and escaped with two small dents. It also helped that I rented in California and drove to Colorado, so they weren't going to be looking for hail damage when we returned the car. The parents that rented from the airport are all waiting to get the bill from the rental agencies for repairing the damage. One rental already was hail-damaged, so they should be ok.

Posting a bad review of the rafting company will probably hurt them financially more than a refund.

The Jeep I rented got its hood dinged up by hail, including about a dozen noticeable, but not significant, dents. When we returned it at the airport, the agent looked at the dings, looked at my paperwork - which indicated acceptance of the LDW - and said, "Okay. Have a nice day." Maybe Budget's coverage is different than other companies. The counter agent when we picked up the car also indicated that the LDW coverage was a good idea due to the frequency of hail.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
winters3478