So, how did Colorado go for some of you?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Apr 26, 2015
Yep, Westfield Complex had Port-A-Johns only. They had not been serviced the morning we arrived. Disgusting! Northwest Open Space was all mud. No cement walkways from the parking lot or in the park itself. And Port-A-Johns.

I was actually surprised they used Westfield and NW Open Spaces. Neither of those parks are good representations of what we usually play on around here. I'm thinking they were desperate and ran out of fields. NWOS is usually just used for baseball and Westfield are usually just practice fields or 10U league games - rarely do older teams play there!

14s did luck out and got the bigger complexes that we usually play tourneys on around this area.

I'm glad you at least got to see some sites... :)

Cannonball

Ex "Expert"
Feb 25, 2009
I did read about the father that died while whitewater rafting. Crazy tragedy.

I’m hoping we get to go next year.
DD's team almost had another one the next day after the tragedy. Dad went into the water and dd's boyfriend grabbed for him and brought him out. He was blue. They had to take him away in an ambulance but he is fine now.

Eric, you were at the same places BB's team was though I don't think you played her team. (Collinsville Extreme)

Jun 8, 2016
DD's team almost had another one the next day after the tragedy. Dad went into the water and dd's boyfriend grabbed for him and brought him out. He was blue. They had to take him away in an ambulance but he is fine now.
I don't do anything that I a) deem to be unnecessary and b) calculate to have a non-negligible probability of increasing my chance of dying.

I am a lot of things but an adrenaline junkie is not one of them..

Aug 19, 2015
Atlanta, GA

Eric, you were at the same places BB's team was though I don't think you played her team. (Collinsville Extreme)

The water was so high and so fast because of the recent summer blizzards. We went up to Rocky Mountain National park and there was deep snow (DD went in it and was up to her thighs). They really shouldn't have been having people raft this week; just too dangerous.

Apr 28, 2014
IDT is always great. As a team we made some errors and didn't finish as we should. DD held the eventual 18U of the Louisville bracket to 1 run in 4 innings. Tons of coaches some crazy weather but a fun time for sure.

May 24, 2013
So Cal
The water was so high and so fast because of the recent summer blizzards. We went up to Rocky Mountain National park and there was deep snow (DD went in it and was up to her thighs). They really shouldn't have been having people raft this week; just too dangerous.

A friend (and DFP member) had an issue with their rafting excursion, too. His boat flipped and wrapped a bridge abutment, and everyone came out of the boat. Thankfully, everyone was safe and uninjured.

From what I saw, all the rafting issues were in the Idaho Springs area. Our team did our rafting out of the Fort Collins area (Poudre River). Not once did I feel like we were in danger, or our guides didn't have control of their boats.

Maddie...

Me, completely buried in the wave...

Last edited:
May 21, 2018

Collinsville Illinois? I only ask since I work in Collinsville and I'm familiar with that team.

Oct 5, 2015
Last of 5 years going to IDT and finally got impacted by the weather. Was bound to happen. Having 70 minute games in single elimination is a crapshoot but that weather was worth it. Lightning and crazy hail. Saw a bunch of dimples on the rental car and thankfully no charges.

Daughter did fine. Team lost two 70 minute games. One in pool play, one in elimination play :-/

Her soon to be college coach came and watched final pool game with us, talking the whole time and mentioned that next year's schedule will include trip to our hometown. Kinda cool.

Apart from those must see things (Garden of Gods, Rocky Mtn Nat'l Park, Coors factory, Pearl Street, Coors field), I would suggest trying to get to Avery Brewing in North Boulder. Really glad we did. Nice vibe and really good beer in my opinion.

Cannonball

Ex "Expert"
Feb 25, 2009
Collinsville Illinois? I only ask since I work in Collinsville and I'm familiar with that team.
Yup. I talked to my dd last night and she said that the dad is fine and he was just taken back to the starting point of that raft trip. She said that by the end of the day he was drinking a beer. LOL

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brkou812