So, how did Colorado go for some of you?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Cannonball

Ex "Expert"
Feb 25, 2009
Just picked up my dd from the airport. Her team didn't fare well but they had a blast. She was very proud of how her team played. How about some of you? Any great stories?

Apr 26, 2015
Well we live here but still look forward to the Sparkler every year. DD had a good week personally. I mentioned in another thread how she wasn’t a stud in the stereotypical way because she doesn't hit bombs - but she played HER game very well this week. She played in the All Star game on Monday (I know - money grab but fun anyway) and was chosen to play in the All American game as well. She is “just” an outfielder but had a great game with a throw from RF to 3rd for a tag and a throw from CF to home for a tag. There was a coach watching the pitcher on her team who I happened to be standing by (to avoid the rain) and he said “I came out here to watch a pitcher but I can’t stop watching that lefty OFer”. The All American coaches said they rarely have OFers nominated and that DD must have made quite an impression.

Her team wound up in the gold bracket (14U) which was surprising. They fared ok - played 3 games with only 1 pitcher and got knocked out by another CO team who we play every stinking weekend - grrr) DD smacked 7 doubles this week and was on base all but 2 at bats. Over all - pretty decent week! Kept thinking we must be playing other DFP girls but I have no idea who!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
May 24, 2013
So Cal
Maddie's team went 6-3 over their 9 games. We were disappointed to end up in the bronze bracket, but you've got to beat the teams you should beat, and we didn't quite do that in pool play. Maddie hit a bomb in her All-Star game, and added 2 more during tournament play. She was behind the dish for 7 or the 9 games, and threw out a few runners.

We also had an AWESOME time whitewater rafting (unfortunately, some other teams had not-very-good experiences).

Overall, it was a pretty good trip.

Aug 19, 2015
Atlanta, GA
We went 7-3. Lost a heartbreaker where we were up 8-2 with about 2 minutes left before time expired and had a nuclear meltdown in the infield with four errors on routine plays. Lost 10-9. Overall, a very good experience for our team, but some of those fields were not particularly great (dirty Port-A-Johns at the beginning of the day, closed parking lots and mud due to construction). Weather was pretty good overall and the sight-seeing was spectacular!

May 24, 2013
So Cal
We went 7-3. Lost a heartbreaker where we were up 8-2 with about 2 minutes left before time expired and had a nuclear meltdown in the infield with four errors on routine plays. Lost 10-9. Overall, a very good experience for our team, but some of those fields were not particularly great (dirty Port-A-Johns at the beginning of the day, closed parking lots and mud due to construction). Weather was pretty good overall and the sight-seeing was spectacular!

Interesting that your facilities experience was so different than ours (14U Open). We were at 4 different parks during the week, and every one was new-ish, clean, and well-maintained. Not one Port-a-john at any of them. Great parking, too.

Feb 3, 2016
Jealous.

I hope the kid gets to go next year.

It's Colorado for the Sparkler or Florida for the World's. I guess I'll find out in the Spring of 2020.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

Aug 19, 2015
Atlanta, GA
Interesting that your facilities experience was so different than ours (14U Open). We were at 4 different parks during the week, and every one was new-ish, clean, and well-maintained. Not one Port-a-john at any of them. Great parking, too.

Yep, Westfield Complex had Port-A-Johns only. They had not been serviced the morning we arrived. Disgusting! Northwest Open Space was all mud. No cement walkways from the parking lot or in the park itself. And Port-A-Johns.

May 24, 2013
So Cal
Yep, Westfield Complex had Port-A-Johns only. They had not been serviced the morning we arrived. Disgusting! Northwest Open Space was all mud. No cement walkways from the parking lot or in the park itself. And Port-A-Johns.

Wow. We were up north in the Fort Collins area the whole week. The facilities were really good. Bummer to hear that you guys didn't have the same experience.

Dec 2, 2013
Texas
We played in the Boulder IDT and as always had a great time. Team didn't perform very well and lost a few games they should have won. I was just looking at the final results. This is by far the most competitive and deepest 18U bracket with 80 teams. Out of the top 8 teams only two California teams. Missouri team won it all. Minnesota and Oregon team tied for 3rd. I keep saying there is some damn good softball being played all over this country!!! The Single Elimination format is tough to swallow though. You have to be ON every game, every inning.

Feb 28, 2015
Heatbox
We had a great time as usual. This was our 9th year in a row coming to CO. Team went 6-3 in 16U PP and was one win away from Sunday. Saw some really good softball being played. Had coaches at every game.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brookeshaelee