So Cal parents of an 8u player.

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 24, 2013
So Cal
Welcome to DFP. :)

Where in So Cal? We live in the Pasadena area, and my DD played 8U-10U rec ball in the Sierra Madre league. In her second year of 10U, she moved to travel ball, and worked her tail off to become a very good player. Today is my DD's last HS game, and she has one more summer of TB before it all ends (she decided not to play in college). In my time on DFP, I've learned a TON of great stuff from the shared knowledge of this community, and met some really great people.

The best advice I can give you right now...Enjoy the ride, and take LOTS of pics/video.

Jan 22, 2011
Yes, take lots of pictures and videos. Because I spent most of my DD's rec career coaching while my wife kept score/helped with batting, I don't have a lot of video or pictures outside of the last two years. Try to make it as fun as possible and let it be her journey. My DD quit after 1st year 12u, and came close to quitting after 1st year 14u. I backed off a lot after 1st year 12u, and 99pct after 1st year 14u. I let her know she is playing for herself and we will support her journey as long as she wants to.

Now if you want to look into some resources, a post on 8u I made last year:

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
winters3478