Smoking Marucci deal!

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Oct 12, 2020
So I see some of the Magnolia fastpitch gloves are "shifted," meaning they're designed for TIP. Does that make it more or less challenging for a younger player/smaller hand to operate?

Jul 29, 2013
North Carolina
So I see some of the Magnolia fastpitch gloves are "shifted," meaning they're designed for TIP. Does that make it more or less challenging for a younger player/smaller hand to operate?
It actually makes it easier to close (puts her hand in a stronger position). Plus with the entrance angle she'll have her pinky and ring finger together closing towards her thumb, instead of just her pinky if that makes sense?

Bottom line it's easier to close a glove TIP than it is traditional, now.....it's just a matter if she likes and can get used to wearing a glove that way?

Edit.....what position does she play?

Oct 5, 2018

We have a Rawlings that is designed for shift and it feels much more natural doing TIP in that glove vs one that isn't specifically designed for it.

If she is a developing OF, then I'd definitely recommend giving it a try. I think it's less often done on the IF. I've gotten used to it, and prefer it, myself using a 12.75 baseball glove not specifically designed for TIP.

Oct 12, 2020
It actually makes it easier to close (puts her hand in a stronger position). Plus with the entrance angle she'll have her pinky and ring finger together closing towards her thumb, instead of just her pinky if that makes sense?

Bottom line it's easier to close a glove TIP than it is traditional, now.....it's just a matter if she likes and can get used to wearing a glove that way?

Edit.....what position does she play?

She's a late starter and not in a settled position yet. In rec ball she moves around the IF, except for 2nd. With older kids and the tournament team she's more likely to be just 3B or outfield.

Nuts...I'm hoping to get her a glove for Christmas, and as the thread title states, this is a smoking deal, but I'm wary of how she'll receive the different fit.

At any rate, I appreciate the information.

Oct 26, 2019
The 12” Palmetto series glove arrived today. My DD said it’s very comfortable. It looks small for a 12” glove compared to the 11.75 Rawlings LA we have - the Rawlings looks a little bigger actually. The leather is softer as expected, but overall I think it’s a great option for a 10U player. It’s a nice glove and for $62 if she gets a year or 2 out of it I’ll be more than happy.

Dec 20, 2019
The 12” Palmetto series glove arrived today. My DD said it’s very comfortable. It looks small for a 12” glove compared to the 11.75 Rawlings LA we have - the Rawlings looks a little bigger actually. The leather is softer as expected, but overall I think it’s a great option for a 10U player. It’s a nice glove and for $62 if she gets a year or 2 out of it I’ll be more than happy.
Can you post some pics with the sb in the pocket of the marucci glove? Thx

Mar 28, 2020
I don't know. I went to the ballgloves.com site and entered the coupon code and then payed with PayPal. 116.95

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

purchased the Magnolia Series Catcher's Mitt paid $119.06 ...... Dicks Sporting Goods has Free Shipping and a $20 off coupon.

Mar 28, 2020
Where do you get the $20 off coupon for dicks?

If the coupon doesn't work use the chat option at the bottom of this page https://www.dickssportinggoods.com/s/letschat

Go all the way to the bottom hit chat they will give you a coupon.

the coupon worked for me no problems but my daughter's friends Father, the coupon didn't work and he had to go to the chat and he said it took 5 mins to get another coupon and he purchased....done in 5 mins

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bmac81802