Small player, small hand…custom fitted mitt?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jul 27, 2019
She’s 14 and has been using a 32.5” mitt the last 3 years. She’s pretty much done growing. We can’t get the wrist strap tight enough and has a habit of pushing the mitt on a bit between pitches. It’s never come off but it’s a bit annoying. The 3 year old mitt can sting her hand here and there with a stray catch missing the pocket so better passing would be great.
We tried a few gloves in the store and they’re more loose than the Vinci here that is advertised for up to 12-13 yo if I recall correctly.

I’m not looking to blow a lot of cash but I’m willing to look at one last mitt to finish up high school and maybe college so if it fits and will be comfortable, it might be worth the money to have a custom fitted mitt. Is this a option anywhere?

Thanks,

Daniel

930DCC39-55AB-4B56-8E47-2733D88A0C3E.jpeg

Jul 27, 2019
DD did not C very often.

Do you think a sponge in her mitt would help?
She likely won’t go for it. Per my suggestion, she tried a batter glove to keep it on better. She didn’t care for it…but still complains here and there. lol

The biggest problem is wanting a tighter fit in the hand and wrist. The very occasional miscaught ball sting is secondary.

May 16, 2016
Rawlings come in two different hand stall sizes. You can select either one on the custom glove builder. Even on the less expensive Liberty Advanced model.

1663252255568.png

Jun 26, 2014
Seguin, TX
Rawlings liberty advanced is what my dd has been using since she was 9. She is now 14 and is on her 3rd one. She was pretty small at that age and was able to use it without issue.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bmac81802