Slotting the elbow

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

SB45

Dad, Coach, Chauffeur
Sep 2, 2016
Western NY
I think her swing is very good and has serious potential. I would suggest you work on sequencing...I see the hips, shoulders and hands all going at the same time. I think her hands start too early. I can see what looks like her elbow pinning to the side for a moment then pushing through contact...maybe it is more pronounced at other times...almost a slight pause in that part of the swing? Because her hands start early...if they lagged a little bit more I don't think there would be time for the pause. There are a lot of threads on sequencing that could help.

May 12, 2014
SB45. We’ve worked on the sequence issue. She ends doing some funky things when we try to get the hands to lay behind. I’m sure it’s mostly my fault for not teaching it correctly. She just really gets awkward when we try it.

FiveFrameSwing...here’s a game swing. Her hands do start early here too. She’s always had that issue.

https://youtu.be/mn-qSgnHHsQ

rdbass

It wasn't me.
Jun 5, 2010
Not here.
tumblr_pnvc5svzag1usf292o1_250.gif

As opposed to out?
No..as a 'opposed' to up through the ball.

Jan 6, 2009
Chehalis, Wa
Lead arm works down. As opposed to up into the shoulder plane. The barrel isn't on plane very long with current swing. The barrel bottoms out in-front of the body as it chops down through the ball. The barrel should bottom out deeper as opposed to out front.

Last edited:
Jan 6, 2009
Chehalis, Wa
The lead arm starts pointing down and stays pointing down during the swing. The elbow doesn't work up and into the shoulder plane as the swing is launched.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bmac81802