Sliding Pivot Foot on Windup

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jul 15, 2016
So, long story short, DD and PC have developed a windup that includes sliding the pivot foot during the wind up. Seems to help with her balance and keeping her hips driving forward (instead of opening too early). Well. this has caused some commotion over the last couple weeks. Does she maintain contact with the rubber every single time? No. Does her foot slide forward slightly from time to time? Yes. Does she gain an advantage from any of these? I dont think so. Shes 2nd yr 12U. Shes only been with this wing up for a few weeks.

Thoughts?

Thanks all!!

Nov 8, 2018
So, long story short, DD and PC have developed a windup that includes sliding the pivot foot during the wind up. Seems to help with her balance and keeping her hips driving forward (instead of opening too early). Well. this has caused some commotion over the last couple weeks. Does she maintain contact with the rubber every single time? No. Does her foot slide forward slightly from time to time? Yes. Does she gain an advantage from any of these? I dont think so. Shes 2nd yr 12U. Shes only been with this wing up for a few weeks.

Thoughts?

Thanks all!!

I’m not sure what sliding the pivot foot looks like. A video would be helpful.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

May 15, 2008
Cape Cod Mass.
Sliding from one side to another is fairly common. Sliding from toe to heel is not illegal. I have a pitcher who tried this because she liked walk-ins but she couldn't get her cleats to move smoothly over the pitching rubber.

Jul 15, 2016
Sort of like Abbott but without the extra step. The issue they are having is that her foot will occasionally slide forward and her toes will no longer be in contact with the pitching rubber.

Aug 20, 2017
Sort of like Abbott but without the extra step. The issue they are having is that her foot will occasionally slide forward and her toes will no longer be in contact with the pitching rubber.
Sounds like they arent transferring weight immediately from the stride foot to the drive foot in premotion and are pushing late. Fix premotion. Look up Java Sources Zombie drill

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bmac81802