Slam Ball

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jun 7, 2016
BT--
Do you have the handle attachment type ball or just the slam ball.
Also, I'd like to send a PM, but your box is full. Let me know if you clear some space.
Thanks, D14

Apr 28, 2014
BT--
Do you have the handle attachment type ball or just the slam ball.
Also, I'd like to send a PM, but your box is full. Let me know if you clear some space.
Thanks, D14

Sorry about that, email box should be clear now. I did add the PVC. Here is a pic of mine.

Attachments

• slam.jpg
    slam.jpg
    56.6 KB · Views: 152
Feb 29, 2016
Looks nice, quick question though, how did you attach the PVC pipe? It looks like you knotted it, slide it through the PVC, knotted again and then taped it all together at the ball, is that correct?

Apr 28, 2014
Looks nice, quick question though, how did you attach the PVC pipe? It looks like you knotted it, slide it through the PVC, knotted again and then taped it all together at the ball, is that correct?

The rope is doubled up coming out of the ball and is about 36"
I set the knots to accommodate the PVC and taped the edges to prevent the rope from chaffing. I added a piece of tape horizontally to help DD grip the PVC. I eye spliced the rope then taped. I don't think just taping would be good enough.

https://youtu.be/QeYBkMCQ8WY

Nov 18, 2015
I was a little concerned, until I saw the video, just what exactly was being proposed. I was envisioning some new arm circle drill, and wondering how a young girl was supposed to avoid injury (i.e. having one arm inches longer than the other, or having no rotator cuff left) while swinging a weighted ball around her.

Much clearer with video!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feb 29, 2016
The rope is doubled up coming out of the ball and is about 36"
I set the knots to accommodate the PVC and taped the edges to prevent the rope from chaffing. I added a piece of tape horizontally to help DD grip the PVC. I eye spliced the rope then taped. I don't think just taping would be good enough.

https://youtu.be/QeYBkMCQ8WY

Thanks, very informative and i would’ve never thought about splicing the ropes, makes good sense though.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bmac81802