Skipped batter

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Dec 15, 2018
CT
To take it to the absurd, according to the house rules as presented in the OP, bottom of the last, 2 out, bases loaded, tie game....guess what? My 7,8,9 and 10 batters aren’t feeling well, I’m gonna skip right to my lead off girl...

Apr 28, 2015
It is a local league but very large. I know no other coaches in the league. It is a mix of travel ball and rec level teams. I normally would not argue about it but there is an issue with coaches not following league rules because they are “stupid, made up rules”. For example, running batting order from game to game. The travel coaches want the games but don’t want to follow the rules.
And yes I am heartless enough that I argued this while the girl lay on the ground crying from being hit by pitch. But the coach was being an rear about several rules and I’m a little annoyed. I do feel bad bringing it up but these are the rules we all agreed to play under. Follow them or find another league.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
I would have alerted the ump after the 5th batter was skipped first time thru lineup...just so the ump knew she was skipped and
wouldn't be able to return. That way no future issues with lineups.

I will say, that's one strange rule, even in league, to allow batters to be skipped with no penalties. Cant blame
umps with rules like this when nobody reports the changes or skips.

Apr 28, 2015
I would have alerted the ump after the 5th batter was skipped first time thru lineup...just so the ump knew she was skipped and

I will say, that's one strange rule, even in league, to allow batters to be skipped with no penalties. Cant blame

Yeah, I thought they had told the ump. I coach alone and keep my own book so things get by me sometimes. I appreciate the input.

May 29, 2015

Shamefully, one of my regular tournament sites does this on a routine basis. They don’t want to discourage teams from batting-the-roster and getting girls into the game.

I’ll have to remember the “my hitters are all sick except #4” at the end of the game bit ...

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
Yeah, I thought they had told the ump. I coach alone and keep my own book so things get by me sometimes. I appreciate the input.

Bookkeepers have to be on point and fast in those leagues...not only doing the book, but making sure the 3rd batter
in the inning is the right 3rd batter...haha.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Robertsonwhitney45