Skills Video - not mine DD

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jul 9, 2016
Just Stumbled across this video.

My DD is only 13 right now and I am kind of impressed with what this young lady has in her skills dept.

I like taking Video and this just shows the different angles needed in putting together a video package.

3-4 years away from posting our own skills video......

If this is inappropriate to post just delete.

The only thing I can pick up on this pitching video to work on would be the foot drag?

But I am just a newbie down this journey.

Aug 5, 2015
I'm no expert but the pitching looks very herky-jerky to me - I think a few good D1 pitchers do the same (Zoe Conley from UCLA) but the vast majority are a lot smoother. The curve really didn't move AFAICT.

Hitting - it would be nice to see where the balls are landing, when you don't you assume the worst. The swing looks nice, smooth, simple, but the stance is "unconventional" which is a small red flag.

May 24, 2013
So Cal
Hitting - it would be nice to see where the balls are landing, when you don't you assume the worst. The swing looks nice, smooth, simple, but the stance is "unconventional" which is a small red flag.[/B}

This is not a swing I would consider as an example of good mechanics. There are some deep flaws going on...

...but that's a topic for a different part of the forum. ;)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bmac81802