Skills Competition

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

We are hosting a tourney this upcoming weekend and it involves ten 14u teams and ten 12u teams. It is one of those midnight madness tourneys begining Fri. afternoon and continuing thru the night and all day Saturday. We had scheduled a helicopter drop at midnight Friday but the helicopter had to pull out so we have an hour of down time that we would like to fill. One thing that I had considered was putting on a Skills Competion. I have a few ideas in mind; running the bases timed, throwing center to home with a tire etc. I was hoping for a few more suggestions if you have any.

sluggers

Super Moderator
Staff member
May 26, 2008
Dallas, Texas
If you've got a pitching machine, try "bocce bunting" Two person teams. Put an oversized "muff" softball near the plate. Scoring is like horseshoes or yarts. Closest to the ball gets 1 point, play to 7. Players can hit the other team's ball or can hit the muff ball to move them.

Thanks for the suggestions! The powers that be (board members) have decided on having a "calf scramble" instead of the Skills Competition. They are going to put five small calfs onto the field and attach ribbons on them and each ribbon is worth a value for redeming i.e. cash, gift certificates, shirts etc. Any girl wishing to participate can then chase down a calf and remove ribbons. This could get interesting!

KAT

May 13, 2008
>> is one of those midnight madness tourneys begining Fri. afternoon and continuing thru the night and all day Saturday. <<

R u serious on this you play all through the night???

yepper I'm serious! our pool games begin on Sat. @ 5:00 p.m. and are scheduled through the evening and into the early morning hours on Sun. For example my team is scheduled their three pool games at 6p, 8p and then 4a on Sun. Then bracket play picks up on Sun. begining at 8:00 a.m. and the championship games are scheduled at 8:00 p.m. Fun for all!

KAT

May 13, 2008
I don't know..... playing through the night, not sure thats good for anyone. Just my opinion of course. What does everyone else think?

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RunnerOn2