Skills Challenge Help

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jan 23, 2009
NE
Our softball association has come up with the idea to bring all 6 teams together in April. We have coined this as a Players Challenge / Family Picnic. The main purpose is to get as many of the members of the association together prior to the season.

What I am looking for is help with ideas for the Players Challenge portion. The teams are from 10u through 18u. I would like to do individual, partner and perhaps team challenges.

To start I was thinking; throw the ball through the tire and have different distances for the different ages.

Thanks in advance.

Coach-n-Dad

Crazy Daddy
Oct 31, 2008
Maybe a hitting challenge? Off of a pitching machine with different speeds for different ages, contests for % of pitches hit and longest distance...?

Jan 15, 2009
We've done timed team base running drills

Also timed team around the horn drills at different distances
start with player at home, 20 ft up each baseline and complete square with player near pitching mound. Players throw ball around horn twice then move to 40ft away. Players throw around the horn twice again and move to full 60 ft away. Record team time to complete all three stages.

Long throw contest

Set up radar gun and have a fastest throw contest

Ken Krause

Administrator
Admin
May 7, 2008
Mundelein, IL
You can have the most throws in a given time period, such as one or two minutes. You can either go by total number of successful throws and catches, or until there's a miss.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
winters3478