Simple Words That Help

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Dec 15, 2018
CT
As a (former) first base coach the stream of nonsense is pretty constant, and consistent:

Hum kid, like you do
See it, drive it
Find one and drive it
Attack the ball
You’re in charge
Hit it hard somewhere
Hum now kiddo, nobody better

my greatest hits...

Dec 11, 2010
Be on time

Attack a good pitch

Hit the middle of the ball hard

Get a good pitch to hit

Gimme something hard/laser to a gap. (Usually my dd, and yes I think good hitters can do this.)

NAB!!!!! (I'm actually not brave enough for this one. Probably should be a player.)

May 1, 2018
So I answered this with "don't suck" earlier. But sometimes I say "Do something amazing." or "Be amazing but I'll settle for fantastic"

May 21, 2014
As a (former) first base coach the stream of nonsense is pretty constant, and consistent:

Hum kid, like you do
See it, drive it
Find one and drive it
Attack the ball
You’re in charge
Hit it hard somewhere
Hum now kiddo, nobody better

my greatest hits...

yes, because any information you give that's technical in nature will have them thinking about whatever you told them instead of having a clear mind and doing what they know how to do.

If we say anything, and getting to the point where we say nothing at all, ever, because the result of the at bat is their responsibility so them knowing what to do is also on them, are words of encouragement/confidence boosters.

Jun 11, 2013
I like "have fun" in public. When a kid is having a tough time I like to talk in private with, "relax, it's just a game".

These kids put some much pressure on themselves they just need to go out and play.

Apr 28, 2014
Spin the ball!

Go After her!

Best Pitch here!

He wants it right down the middle, don't give in!!

Get her outta there!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
3girlsDad