Simple swing

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jan 6, 2009
Chehalis, Wa
I thought this was a interesting swing as far as simplified.

giphy.gif

This was a HR to dead center, just over the fence.

Aug 20, 2017
I’m coming to the conclusion that any teaching of the load is problematic. The goal is to beat the ball to the spot. Teaching different load mechanisms slows things down. What do y’all think about “widen out, pick the front foot up and put it down”? After all we agree that timing IS THE MOST CRITICAL ASPECT OF SUCCESSFUL HITTING.

Jan 6, 2009
Chehalis, Wa
I’m coming to the conclusion that any teaching of the load is problematic. The goal is to beat the ball to the spot. Teaching different load mechanisms slows things down. What do y’all think about “widen out, pick the front foot up and put it down”? After all we agree that timing IS THE MOST CRITICAL ASPECT OF SUCCESSFUL HITTING.

Cornbread

I watched Ryan Sandberg swing in the same game starting like old school hitters, 70’s and 80’s. They waited until release to start.

Oct 13, 2014
South Cali

sounds like you want to simplify as much as possible?

Oct 26, 2019
I think the “pick it up and put it back down” works well for players that are very strong.

If you are a little guy you better get something going though if you want to drive the ball.

Jun 8, 2016
I thought this was a interesting swing as far as simplified.

giphy.gif

This was a HR to dead center, just over the fence.
Looks like he played lots of speedball growing up in Chicago. Nothing like somebody throwing a pinky at you as hard as they can from 30 feet to get rid of any wasted motion 😉

Last edited:
Jun 5, 2019
I think the “pick it up and put it back down” works well for players that are very strong.

If you are a little guy you better get something going though if you want to drive the ball.

Kirby Puckett was 5'8 178 he didn't need a big move to generate power!

Oct 26, 2019
@big_bruiser Puckett hit with a bigger move at times.

Also, I didn’t say size and weight in my above comment, but I said “strong”. Look at Pucketts chest and thighs - the dude is built like a fire hydrant - strong as an ox.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sstop28