Simple Hitting

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jan 28, 2017
Trying to make hitting mechanics as simple as possible for inexperienced hitters that are not TB kids.

1. Front hip/pelvis- keep the laser on the ball as long as possible.
2. Back hip/pelvis has a eyeball on it and get the eyeball to the softball once you decide to swing. Fast!
3. Get to your exit on time with your body (outside, middle, inside) and stay on your exit with your eyeball.
4. High V with the back arm as long as possible.

Not very deep. Thoughts?

Oct 2, 2017
Trying to make hitting mechanics as simple as possible for inexperienced hitters that are not TB kids.

1. Front hip/pelvis- keep the laser on the ball as long as possible.
2. Back hip/pelvis has a eyeball on it and get the eyeball to the softball once you decide to swing. Fast!
3. Get to your exit on time with your body (outside, middle, inside) and stay on your exit with your eyeball.
4. High V with the back arm as long as possible.

Not very deep. Thoughts?
Slow and early is a huge one for me. Other than that I'll give you the 3 cues I use every time with my DD, in exact order. Coil (Back pocket to pitcher), Stretch, Snap. Whether those would work for a inexperienced hitter, I don't know. Its just the 3 that I use because its simple to remember.

Jan 28, 2017
Slow and early is a huge one for me. Other than that I'll give you the 3 cues I use every time with my DD, in exact order. Coil (Back pocket to pitcher), Stretch, Snap. Whether those would work for a inexperienced hitter, I don't know. Its just the 3 that I use because its simple to remember.

My daughter is preset in the coiled position, we try to hold the pinch as she moves out, and for her keeping a high connection works better than snap for some reason. IMO, it is hard to keep a high V without turning the barrel.

Oct 2, 2017
My daughter is preset in the coiled position, we try to hold the pinch as she moves out, and for her keeping a high connection works better than snap for some reason. IMO, it is hard to keep a high V without turning the barrel.
That could be due to varying factors, but the main that come to my mind is the way many youth players view the swing:

Last edited:
Jan 28, 2017
When the word snap is involved she tends to be long and collapse to much. Let your back hip pull your back Elbow and shoulder behind the ball seems to work better for her.
IMO, most kids that have no experience tend to swing beside the ball and not behind it. Front hip gone early sideways (laser to the ball). Then back hip sideways (eye to the ball). Get on the exit and stay on the exit (through the ball). High V helps to turn the barrel

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bmac81802