Simple Drills to train POP skills

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Mar 28, 2020
I was on the Pop Time Discussion, and I learned allot.

With that I started searching youtube for training.

I am looking for drills. Is there a footwork drill. I found one and I really really like it so I started this with her yesterday.

She has committed 30 mins a day mon to fri to work. She actually made the deal with me.....I was impressed

Mar 28, 2020
Great video! 30 minutes per day? How old? That's a lot, because I am sure she still needs to work on hitting too.

You know how hard it is to get a commitment from a 11 year old ...... I am running with this

I was shocked when she volunteered the time .... It took me a while to respond.

I know a big ask is coming very soon ..... there is a motive but again .... until then I am running with this LOL

Apr 20, 2018
SoCal
11 years old? If you can get her to work do 10 minutes on the T footwork and 5 minutes on pitch framing with tennis balls she will be a beast in six months. I still see catchers crow hopping at 14u travel ball.

radness

Possibilities & Opportunities!
Dec 13, 2019
LIKE BURST FORWARD!

Good to see a comment about
DO NOT Jump up and rotate backwards.

Terrible to rotate backwards throwing. Shoulder moving backward while arm needs to come forward. Weight transfers east/west arm heads north recipe for injury.

Really prefer transition in front, body helping aline throw using bursting forward energy!

Last edited:
Mar 28, 2020
so when you are teaching a kid to throw down to 2nd you don't teach pointing the toe in that direction? All the videos are showing me to have the feed parallel.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RunnerOn2