Showcase camps question

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 30, 2013
Binghamton, NY
P.S. Being on the main fields in these showcases is everything. Satellite fields got coach traffic but certainly not to the degree the main fields did.

Another metric to gauge real interest:
If a coach you emailed shows up to see you play, and you are NOT at the main complex,
then you know there is real interest there. If they stay more than a few innings, even better...

Apr 16, 2013
Several big showcases are happening in the SE in November: Champions and Veterans are in Atlanta, Scenic City in Chattanooga, TN, and Birmingham T-Bolts in Montgomery, AL. TONS of coaches on the main fields for those.
I'm curious if anyone knows of a place where teams are seeking fill ins for some of these? My DDs team is doing one more showcase in Myrtle Beach Nov 16/17, but that's it. I'm interested in having her play in a larger tournament/showcase like this, where we're within driving distance of. Chatanooga and Atlanta are all easily doable.

Feb 3, 2011
I'm curious if anyone knows of a place where teams are seeking fill ins for some of these? My DDs team is doing one more showcase in Myrtle Beach Nov 16/17, but that's it. I'm interested in having her play in a larger tournament/showcase like this, where we're within driving distance of. Chatanooga and Atlanta are all easily doable.
Familiarize yourself with the new recruiting calendar, then look at the available weekends and events to determine whether there is any chance to play in an actual exposure event. Let's say there is and a school or schools you know have been in contact with or shown some interest in your DD will be present, then that's a reasonable bargaining chip to use when asking teams whether your DD can participate with them. For obvious reasons, teams will full rosters have paying customers to take care of first, but if your DD is likely to attract coaches, then that can be a benefit to the other players as well. Good luck!

Jul 29, 2012
NC

Post your availability on the local to the area Facebook pages. Contact the tournament directors and ask if they know anyone looking for guest players. We have picked up players from all over for some of these tournaments. We had a girl fly in from Texas twice to pitch in the Summer Myrtle Beach tournament. Had another west coast girl play with us once that the tournament director asked us if she could play.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Apr 16, 2013
Thanks. So what big tournaments are on the weekends of Nov 9/10 and Nov 23/24 and where? That is in the SE area. I just don't know anything about what's big and what can be ignored.

Aug 19, 2015
Atlanta, GA

You could post on http://gacoachescorner.com/index.php to see if any teams in Atlanta need pick-ups. That's the Atlanta board (really all of GA).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bmac81802