Showcase camps question

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Sep 29, 2010
Knoxville, TN
Looks like the Veterans is Nov 9/10. Is that a "big" one?
Keep in mind that if you’re not picking up with one of the 15-20 National organizations that will be there, you won’t see the hoards of D1 coaches. Veterans does bring in a lot of coaches from all different divisions you’ll see at some of the outlying parks that the other 100 teams will play at.

Apr 16, 2013
Keep in mind that if you’re not picking up with one of the 15-20 National organizations that will be there, you won’t see the hoards of D1 coaches. Veterans does bring in a lot of coaches from all different divisions you’ll see at some of the outlying parks that the other 100 teams will play at.
Yeah, I do realize that. But I honestly just want to see what one of these "huge" events is like. Try to find out more and learn. My DD has already stated she's up for it. Maybe some coaches will take notice if she hits one of her massive bombs... or two. Overall though, I'm just interested in seeing what it's all about and taking part. My DD's org's national team is going and previously asked my DD to join his team but we declined. I emailed him to see if he's interested in having her for that weekend. Might get no response.

I did talk to a high level coach today about recruiting and realized just how much more my DD needs to be doing, and how little her coach has been doing. I've known him for a while and he's followed my DD quite a bit. We played him this past weekend and I noticed his players doing so much more with the college coaches than any team of girls ever has. It was nice to have a coach be very honest with me in both where she and her coach were failing. I've never seen any team interact with college coaches like that. There should be training for travel coaches on this subject! (There probably is, I just don't know about it.)

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
winters3478