Shoutout to my kid

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 27, 2013
I just want to give a little shoutout to my kid. Three years ago we decided that she would leave the comfort of her public school behind to attend a top academic private school in our state. She always did extremely well without much effort in our public school. Going to this new school was a HUGE eye-opener for her. The amount of homework and studying she needs to do while also being required to play a sport each season has not been easy. Softball (pitching/hitting lessons) has had to take a backseat several times so she could get her work done. She has never once complained.

Last night I went up to bed at 10:30. There she was studying. She got home from school around 7pm, ate dinner, and got right to work. She leaves for school at 6:45 AM, so a very long day for any 16 year old.

She has 3-4 hour softball practices on Saturdays with games all day on Sundays. She is having a really great fall season so far and is doing better academically than she ever has with AP classes to boot.

I gave her a huge hug this morning and told her how proud of her I am. She woke up this morning in a good mood, even after going to bed well after I did to study. She just amazes me. She doesn’t have to be told to do her work. She just ploughs through. I am an extremely lucky parent to have a kid like her!

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coopdog