Shoulder pain from IR???

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Apr 7, 2012
So I have been helping a girl with pitching teaching her IR and going through boardmembers steps and working through the same steps I worked with my dd since she was 8-9.. All of a sudden her shoulder hurt so they take her to the doctor and a "college" coach both say the twisting of the arm and that rotation is horrible on her shoulder.. Am I wrong in calling BS on this?? My DD never complained about her arm/shoulder hurting in the past 4 years.. But she also went to the Dr after doing her bigger, faster, stronger workouts as well.. I just hate the good hold HE coach blaming that.. I want to get a video of her pitching and maybe she is doing something else wrong, since I haven't seen her pitch in a while

May 7, 2008
Tucson
It could be her premonition. My daughter ruined her shoulder by bringing the ball up over her head, prior to the arm circle.

Apr 7, 2012
Amy good point.. Now that I think about it.. It could also be with her overhand throw.. Also needs some work.. Or that the current coach likes to throw throw and throw some more during practices.. Little overkill At times.. We already have another girl that is out for the year with elbow problems

Last edited:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FPVQ23