Should players be allowed to listen to music?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

FastpitchFan

Softball fan
Feb 28, 2008
Montreal, Canada
Yesterday was Mother's Day. Of course, I told my mother how much I love her and how important she is to me. The older we get, the more we realize how important our mother is.

To all the softball moms, a big THANK YOU for what you're doing. You have a thankless job and you don't get all the recognition you deserve.

Yesterday, i also happened to watch a game on TV. During the broadcast, they showed another team that was getting ready to start their warm-up.

You could many players with a headset on listening to music. Listening to music has long been used by the best athletes in the world to get mentally ready to perform at their best.

Use music. It is a powerful motivator and will energize you. It also helps you stay focus by blocking outside distractions.

Players - use music to get yourself mentally ready for games and practices.

Parents - encourage your daugther to listen to her favorite music on the way to the game or practice and don't be offended if she puts headset on. It will actually help her. Or listen to her music in the car!

Coaches - you should encourage this practice among your players to get in the zone before the game starts. You should also allow team music during team warm-ups. This will have a positive effect on their mindset.

What do you think?

Coach Marc

P.S. If you'd like to improve how effective your warm-up is, i recommend you get my Dynamic Warm-Up for Softball System for the best softball exercises to get at top of your game!

Apr 27, 2015
Music being played is fine, as long as the ENTIRE complex doesn't hear it. We have a few teams that play music during warm ups or between innings. I'm trying to talk to my team and having to yell over their music.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rathouse