should I be offended?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 12, 2008
-parents of 5 yr olds who have never played tball who insist their girls play coach pitch softball, because if they played tball, it would be with boys, and it uses baseballs, which is for boys (never mind that their girls cannot get a good grip on 11 inch softball)

I've seen D1 schools warm up with baseballs just to keep their arm action loose and whippy so yeah, good for girls to start with baseballs

Jul 10, 2014
C-bus Ohio
THIS is why my rec league is steering clear of being sanctioned by anyone. Bad enough that I have to fight with the exec admin on spending money in my budget. If I had to fight a sanctioning body/board too I'd flip out.

May 6, 2015
thanks for all the input, just ended BOD meeting, much ado about nothing after all, and it has proven beyond a doubt that our softball admin is just a giant rear.

apparently, he was trying to push through that the two minors mgrs this year be BOD member (moving up from boys coach pitch) and other returning manager from last year, with me as possible third if they get another 15 girls or so (currently 19 registered in this ager group). however, pretty much the rest of the board agreed, priority (Assuming no issues, of which there are none with me (at least I am aware of)) would be givne to returners (not a rule, they still vote and approve). and the BOD was quite fine with this, given he was new to age group, and to softball as well.

this is his modus operandi, put forth things as a fait accompli (of course he backed off on this, and indicated his message was just to indicate how he was voting, bull, he wrote it as fait accompli), and most fo the time people just accept it. not me anymore, plan to go to all bord meetings going forward. of course right after he tries this bull, he is recruting me as BOD member, and junior softball division rep. then 5 minutes later, he is saying based on numbers, they may want to pull my older daughter into juniors (LA12).

thanks for all the input, did need to rant/vent a little. god I hate this crap, can't wait for practices to start! then I can push all this crap to the back of my mind and concentrate on what is important, developing the girls!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Robertsonwhitney45