Absolutely. My DD is a very good low ball hitter, especially inside pitches. If she took the pitch it would most certainly be called a ball.Should batters train to
hit pitches out of the zone?
Train on strikes also.
* There are pitches that are out of the strikezone called strikes.
* There will be pitches batters make a commitment to that will move out of the strikezone.
* Not all hits were strikes.
* Training on pitches out of the zone teaches how to make big adjustments. Which can make small adjustments seem like nothing!
* Protecting the plate could be two softballs out of the strikezone.