She never quit!

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jun 8, 2016
Do people really tell a kid they will never succeed or is this more of they didn’t take her on their team or didn’t really give her playing time...I cannot imagine ever actually telling (e.g verbalizing it) a kid they won’t ever succeed...

May 27, 2013
Do people really tell a kid they will never succeed or is this more of they didn’t take her on their team or didn’t really give her playing time...I cannot imagine ever actually telling (e.g verbalizing it) a kid they won’t ever succeed...

My parents told me I’d never survive college and become a nurse, so yeah - some adults are a**holes like that. Maybe that was their “loving“ way of motivating me, who knows. It did work, though. Continued on through grad school, as well.

Feb 3, 2016
I coached with a guy that would tell parents that their kid will never play at a high level or they needed C or rec or another sport. The standard statement was "They can keep coming to practice but they won't see the field on Sunday." A take it or leave it deal. He quit on kids all the time. Bad for kids and bad for softball.

Jun 8, 2016
I coached with a guy that would tell parents that their kid will never play at a high level or they needed C or rec or another sport. The standard statement was "They can keep coming to practice but they won't see the field on Sunday." A take it or leave it deal. He quit on kids all the time. Bad for kids and bad for softball.
I mean letting parents know that a team isn't a good fit for their kid's skill level at the moment is fine. Telling a kid that they NEVER will be good is a whole different ball of wax...

Feb 3, 2016
I mean letting parents know that a team isn't a good fit for their kid's skill level at the moment is fine. Telling a kid that they NEVER will be good is a whole different ball of wax...
Most of the time the kid(s) were in ear shot during those discussions. I didn't approve and did what I could to keep those talks from happening. I tried to keep every kid. Had to part ways.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk