She FINALLY got to play

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jun 12, 2015
DH has been head coaching for the past 2 years, assistant coaching 2.5 years before that. This year, he retired and we put DD on a new team. Our first two tournaments got rained out. DD hadn't been on the field since July except for practice, and that only started this month. I was nervous, not knowing how rusty she'd be, or what kind of team we have (I had an idea from practice but games are different). Finally, finally scrimmaged last night, for 2.5 hours! Sitting with DH and watching the game in a relaxed manner was the best thing ever. The team more than met my expectations (and then some), the coach is perfect for my kiddo, which I thought already but now I know. DD hit 750, bounced two off the fence. So, not too rusty. :)

Thanks to the rain, this weekend will be our only fall tournament. It's going to feel like forever until spring! Anyway...just excited and felt like sharing.

Dec 2, 2013
Texas
Good stuff. But one tournament the entire Fall? Our team has 4 more to go. If I were the coach, I would be doing my darndest to find some more tourneys.

Jun 12, 2015
Good stuff. But one tournament the entire Fall? Our team has 4 more to go. If I were the coach, I would be doing my darndest to find some more tourneys.

We were supposed to play only 2. Definitely not loving that, but it's a trade off.

Jun 12, 2015
We've got tournaments/showcases the first four weekends in November as well. One of the advantages of living in the South!

I'm a little jealous, but those Nov tournaments do get pretty cold. I'll watch all the local teams play on GC and FB live, from a warm spot.

Dec 2, 2013
Texas
D1 Recruiting schedule allows only 6 weekends in the Fall. Just started 2 weeks ago, with 4 more to go. As long as the coaches are allowed to evaluate recruits in person, there will be fall exposure tourneys. Btw, I saw that it snowed 6 inches in Amarillo last week.

Oct 4, 2018
DH has been head coaching for the past 2 years, assistant coaching 2.5 years before that. This year, he retired and we put DD on a new team. Our first two tournaments got rained out. DD hadn't been on the field since July except for practice, and that only started this month. I was nervous, not knowing how rusty she'd be, or what kind of team we have (I had an idea from practice but games are different). Finally, finally scrimmaged last night, for 2.5 hours! Sitting with DH and watching the game in a relaxed manner was the best thing ever. The team more than met my expectations (and then some), the coach is perfect for my kiddo, which I thought already but now I know. DD hit 750, bounced two off the fence. So, not too rusty. :)

Thanks to the rain, this weekend will be our only fall tournament. It's going to feel like forever until spring! Anyway...just excited and felt like sharing.

Hope the fields dry out for you. Should be fine but you never know in this crazy state.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bmac81802