Share a memory when your team was clearly outclassed

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Mar 28, 2014
Seriously, all 3 pitchers they had warming up were throwing in the low 60's. (and yes, i had 2 guns checking them, not guessing). When the lead off batter bunts to 2b and beats the throw to first by a step, your eyes open quick!!!
you were gunning the other team's pitchers during warmups in a friendly?

Jul 31, 2015
Kind of a the fat lady hasn't sang yet scenario? We've all been there before, not fun!

Yes, thanks. I guess it's technically not an outclass, since the game was competitive for most of the way. But the pain from the loss still stings and the lessons were sharp, sharper I think than a 20-0 loss might have been.

Aug 25, 2019
Last winter at indoor tourney, DDs 16u team team faced the best pitcher I ever saw. She struck out 13, only one lucky hit we had. Funny thing though, we only lost 2-0.

Dec 15, 2018
CT
For my DD....this fall her 14U team played a 12U national team in a Wed night friendly. I think the first three batters were, 2B, 2B, HR (OTF bomb). It was a long evening.

Playing for a mid-major team in college in the southeast, we got smoked plenty, but most memorable was a 22-1 humiliation in Columbia, SC in February. We didn't belong on the same field.

Jun 20, 2015
you were gunning the other team's pitchers during warmups in a friendly?

When, your eye and ears are both telling you OMG. yeah, I got the lie detector out.

It felt like we were playing a 2/3 scale version of an SEC/Pac12 college team.

Last edited:
Jun 11, 2013
DD's first 12U tournament. We joined a team moving up to 12U and played in a tournament out of town We had really good players but were still 10 in the fall. The TD saw our team name and thought we were the the older team in our organization. First game we showed up and played a 2nd year 12U team who decided to stay down for 1 last fall tournament.

May 21, 2018
Our first trip to "nationals" this year, and the first team I walk up and watch warming up was one of the Bandits teams (eventual tournament winner). I didn't realize who they were at first and distinctly remembering thinking, "If all the other teams look like this we might as well get right back in the car and head back to St. Louis." Luckily that wasn't the case.

Cannonball

Ex "Expert"
Feb 25, 2009
It was in the NCAA Supers when the #1 pitcher went down before the 1st pitch of the game. #2 came in faced one batter and said she was hurt. Long story short, the last pitcher in ability entered the game. At one point, my dd went to HC and said that she could still pitch and asked to go in. It was brutal. As I have posted before, my dd started crying in the 6th inning knowing that her college career had come to an end. At least they didn't get short-gamed or run-ruled as some of you call it. The offense simply could not keep up at that pace.

Mar 28, 2014
When, your eye and ears are both telling you OMG. yeah, I got the lie detector out.

It felt like we were playing a 2/3 scale version of an SEC/Pac12 college team.
I wasn't knocking it, just have never seen it done before. Had you seen it done before? What state are you in? Just curious if this is a regional thing or what.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Go_Ask_Mom