Share a memory when your team was clearly outclassed

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jul 16, 2013
Pennsylvania
I will share two memories:

* Our very first travel ball tournament (12u). Most of our team had participated in Little League All-Stars. For the most part, these were the best players from our local rec league. We all learned very quickly that travel ball and rec ball are dramatically different. In all honesty, I think the parents had a more difficult time handling it than the players. Most of the players simply said "wow, their good!"

* 23u tournament. Our team consisted of all college players with a relatively even split between D2 and D3. Some of the best players in our area and solid college players. In fact, we did pretty well at the 23u level overall. However, we played this one team that was loaded with D1 players, mostly from P5 conferences. Did not go well at all 🤷‍♂️ Our team rolled with the punches and continued to play hard. Ultimately the result was respectable, but there was no question who was going to win the game. Months later DD and a friend (also played on this team) were watching a softball game on TV and came to get me. 3 of the players on the team we played were playing in the game we were watching.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
eb7598