"Shake it off, ##@% it!"

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Aug 9, 2013
I just went through a PCA course that taught us what one game one love brought up. All of the experienced coaches like myself said it's hard to go 5 to 1 since you may not get 5 chances to praise before something might come up. The facilitator told us to start working at 3 to 1 and work our way up and if we continue to look for the good it will become easier and easier.

I use the brush it off with my pitchers since a couple of them live and die with every pitch. I am working hard to get them out of that mindset.

Aug 29, 2013
I just went through a PCA course that taught us what one game one love brought up. All of the experienced coaches like myself said it's hard to go 5 to 1 since you may not get 5 chances to praise before something might come up. The facilitator told us to start working at 3 to 1 and work our way up and if we continue to look for the good it will become easier and easier.

I use the brush it off with my pitchers since a couple of them live and die with every pitch. I am working hard to get them out of that mindset.

PCA! I'm a huge fan, obviously. :)

I was never a pitcher who lived and died with every pitch, but I have the tendency to that with other things in my life. Thought stopping, or "brushing it off", has helped me immensely, as well as learning about cognitive behavior therapy. The skill of noticing the negative thought and changing into something more productive.

Last edited by a moderator:

ConorMacleod

Practice Like You Play
Jul 30, 2012
I'll never give false praise, or "good job" and "nice try", when in fact, it was neither. Most girls know when they've made an error or bad play, why pretend they didn't? But, I also mention to them that it's only one play. If you're having a rough day in the field, then try and help the team on offense, and vice versa. Everybody has a bad play, a bad game, or even a bad tourney. Even the coaches (like when I wasn't paying enough attention and had my player bunt with two strikes after she was unsuccessful in her first two attempts at bunting). Ya, I apologized to her after she bunted foul for the out.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brookeshaelee