Separation

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jul 29, 2013
Bobby, it’s what I used to do. Simply step/stride forward. Not for me and I cannot reproduce what we see in Cabrera’s or Wright’s move forward. The front leg movement you are speaking of is new to me, I will try that. I like a practical approach. At the same time maybe you can try to move forward using your middle instead of just stepping
A simple forward stride requires you to move the middle in order to stride.
Just sticking the leg forward is awkward. Folks get into trouble when they're told to stride but stay back at the same time. The whole FYB is an unnatural moment and sticking one's leg forward is one way to be FYB but not actually accomplish anything.

May 12, 2016
A simple forward stride requires you to move the middle in order to stride.
Just sticking the leg forward is awkward. Folks get into trouble when they're told to stride but stay back at the same time. The whole FYB is an unnatural moment and sticking one's leg forward is one way to be FYB but not actually accomplish anything.
I thought we weren't discussing?? We were going to try a practical approach? Anyway, don't just move your middle by stepping forward, use your midsection to move forward.

gif (44).gif

FYB(forward yet back) is not the way you are describing.. it's not just sticking your foot out while keeping everything else back. Simply explained, body gains ground on forward move, hands stay back. ABAF(All Back, All Forward) would mean everything is shifting forward on the forward move, including the hands(launch is already occurring in some caes)

Jul 29, 2013
I thought we weren't discussing?? We were going to try a practical approach? Anyway, don't just move your middle by stepping forward, use your midsection to move forward.

View attachment 19094

FYB(forward yet back) is not the way you are describing.. it's not just sticking your foot out while keeping everything else back. Simply explained, body gains ground on forward move, hands stay back. ABAF(All Back, All Forward) would mean everything is shifting forward on the forward move, including the hands(launch is already occurring in some caes)
Why aren't we discussing?
I've always promoted a forward move that loads into/against the front leg.
FYB is a Jedi mind game. Load into/against the front leg accomplishes the result without all the interpretation.
Loading the back side is bs. The rearward move is unecessary and if utilized should be just a gathering movement not the load that everyone thinks it is. Loading the back side creates timing issues and makes adjustments difficult to non existent.

May 12, 2016
Why aren't we discussing?
I've always promoted a forward move that loads into/against the front leg.
FYB is a Jedi mind game. Load into/against the front leg accomplishes the result without all the interpretation.
Loading the back side is bs. The rearward move is unecessary and if utilized should be just a gathering movement not the load that everyone thinks it is. Loading the back side creates timing issues and makes adjustments difficult to non existent.
You said didn’t want to get into a long discussion, just wanted me to try something?

Why are you talking about loading the backside?

Jul 29, 2013
You said didn’t want to get into a long discussion, just wanted me to try something?

Why are you talking about loading the backside?
To clarify, when I said "simple forward stride" the idea was that it would be easy to understand. But then this is DFP so what was I thinking.
Anyway, did you try it yet?

May 12, 2016
To clarify, when I said "simple forward stride" the idea was that it would be easy to understand. But then this is DFP so what was I thinking.
Anyway, did you try it yet?
Bobby, I've already told you, it's what I always use to do :). I didn't understand how to utilize the mid section move the body forward. Now that I do, I feel like my core is loaded as I move forward, ready to explode. I feel like my bottom and top half are connected

Yes I get it, some of this is not simple, but simple might not always be the best way to do things. In this case I do not believe a "simple forward stride" gets you in the best potion ... with power and ability to adapt

Last edited:
Reactions: TDS

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brookeshaelee