Send some good vibes our way.

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Dec 26, 2017
Oklahoma
There isn't an off-topic forum but-

Here in Moore, 6 high-school students were run down on the sidewalk yesterday while they were running for the cross country team. Two are now dead (one of whom was a local softball player) and one is still in critical condition. Send us some good thoughts or prayers or whatever you believe in.

Between this and those girls on that helicopter, I've had my fill of people losing their babies lately.

Oct 1, 2014
USA
I saw that story early this morning....thoughts and prayers go out to the family and community.

Jan 8, 2019
i cannot imagine....

one sick individual

Story alleges that the driver may have been intoxicated (sounds probable), but had just lost his son in a car accident a day or two before. Definitely NOT an excuse, but certainly a likely contributor to the event. Sick? yes. Depression is definitely a sickness. Tragic on too many levels!!!!!

Dec 26, 2017
Oklahoma
Story alleges that the driver may have been intoxicated (sounds probable), but had just lost his son in a car accident a day or two before. Definitely NOT an excuse, but certainly a likely contributor to the event. Sick? yes. Depression is definitely a sickness. Tragic on too many levels!!!!!

Still waiting on toxicology. He has a long rap sheet, unfortunately. Multiple child abuse charges, multiple CDS charges, and at least one DUI. His son WAS killed the day before in what was originally thought to be a hit and run but it’s now been determined he was at fault and it may have been drug/alcohol related as well. They are still investigating that as well, but the son was 28 or 29.

Definitely a bad deal but if he was intoxicated, they’ll likely upgrade the charges to murder 2 and probably rightly so, given his history. Heaven forbid, but if he admits to doing it intentionally, it will obviously be even worse.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Jan 8, 2019
Still waiting on toxicology. He has a long rap sheet, unfortunately. Multiple child abuse charges, multiple CDS charges, and at least one DUI. His son WAS killed the day before in what was originally thought to be a hit and run but it’s now been determined he was at fault and it may have been drug/alcohol related as well. They are still investigating that as well, but the son was 28 or 29.

Definitely a bad deal but if he was intoxicated, they’ll likely upgrade the charges to murder 2 and probably rightly so, given his history. Heaven forbid, but if he admits to doing it intentionally, it will obviously be even worse.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That was what I was afraid of. I don't like jumping to conclusions, but even with the benefit of the doubt, this guy should serve a long time in jail. If it is habitual and, God forbid, intentional, then I cannot imagine a punishment severe enough to suit his crime.

Mar 13, 2010
Oh God, we had a similar story in Aus. Three siblings and their cousin killed by a drunk driver.

so much love. It’s awful.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brookeshaelee