Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Register Log in

See-through top?

Status
Not open for further replies.
May 29, 2015
Not trying to be a prude ... but is anybody else getting an ad featuring a woman in a see-through top?

Yes, it technically is not an illegal uniform by rule, but I’m thinking it falls under the “distracting” provision ... ;)

May 29, 2015
so normally aren't the ads you see based at least in part on your browsing and search history??

Just sayin'...😏
I had a witty retort ... but pattar almost got there first ...

Umpiring in the heat is difficult and I would think that doing so in a see-through top would help, no?
... It doesn’t look as good on me as it did the model.

I rarely pay attention to the ads, but the reason it caught my eye was it appeared to be an ad for People (like, the magazine). As far as the ads being tailored — not in my case. The ads don’t even pop up for the right geographic location. Most of them do just regurgitate what you have looked at. The worst/laziest ones send you ads for things you already bought.

Right now I have The Rock on a couch with a dog and ... a bottle of water? Not even sure what that is for.

I have an ad for Regions bank. Never used them, never will. Not sure if they are even around here.

I have an ad to lease a Subaru.

I have an ad for waterproofing my basement.

I have an ad for a dog licking it’s paws. I couldn’t even tell it was a dog until I read the print.

Feb 3, 2011
so normally aren't the ads you see based at least in part on your browsing and search history??

Just sayin'...😏
True, except...I'm getting this one now and I'm one of the biggest PG&E supporters out here. At the risk of getting into politics, what the detractors don't understand is that rates *will* go up if they succeed in bankrupting PG&E using the court system. If they will just leave the utility alone, there won't be a need for any bailout. But why is the ad server on DFP trying to influence my position on this? :sneaky:🤦‍♂️

May 29, 2015
Got it!

417AAE49-8DB3-4FD1-8C52-1387D404E27C.png

Salma Hayek?

Just for fun, current ads for:
Make-up
Women’s blouses (not the one above)
The fuzzy dog paw-licking thing
Signs my heart is failing me — with a picture of a foot 🤨

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts