Seasons and Tourneys Cancelled?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Apr 24, 2017
Georgia
We are in Georgia and are working from home and the kids are doing distance learning. The plus of that is our kids should not be in school any longer than usual, considering they are still doing their school work each day. We are out until the week after Easter at least. We have 146 confirmed cases right now in Georgia. But Georgia is only testing those who are showing symptoms AND are an exposure risk such as teachers, healthcare professionals, public service, and other similar professions (according to the news this morning) so we are missing possibly hundreds or thousands who are actually infected but we are not testing.

Our first travel tournament is scheduled for the last weekend of April and I am still hopeful that will happen. Prom was supposed to be that same weekend and has been moved to Memorial Day weekend.

It is amazing how much has changed in the past 8 days. I was reading the posts at the beginning of this thread and would have agreed that it sounded crazy to be discussing these cancellations then. Now, I am thankful our state took the steps necessary to keep our kids safe (my kids have asthma and I am really worried TBH) and my work is also allowing me to work from home for now. Praying that everyone stays safe and well so we can see you on the dirt soon!

Jun 10, 2018
NY
Any chance they can be live streamed so the rest of us can get us some softball? The next health problem is going to be depression and stress due to the isolation and lack of any type of escape from the daily, bad news. Not just because of the lack of softball and other sports as an outlet, but everything is so dismal looking right now. I do however believe that, when it's over, we will all be so happy and appreciative and maybe have more gratitude going forward for what we do have. Simple things like a day at the park, being in the sunshine and just watching the kids play, will be so much more meaningful.
Very likely your kids will follow your lead. If you are depressed and stressed, lamenting about all the softball you are missing (Which is not really important by the way, in the large scheme of things!) then your kids will very likely be depressed and stressed also.
Don't you have some interests and hobbies you can pursue at home? Some home improvements you can get done? (Home Depot is open for business by me!) Get a game of Yahtzee going with your family, or a bike ride.....
Turn off the TV with the dismal news and enjoy your family, your home, your neighbors. Just an idea.

Oct 3, 2019
Very likely your kids will follow your lead. If you are depressed and stressed, lamenting about all the softball you are missing (Which is not really important by the way, in the large scheme of things!) then your kids will very likely be depressed and stressed also.
Don't you have some interests and hobbies you can pursue at home? Some home improvements you can get done? (Home Depot is open for business by me!) Get a game of Yahtzee going with your family, or a bike ride.....
Turn off the TV with the dismal news and enjoy your family, your home, your neighbors. Just an idea.
Well actually, I am in lockdown out here in CA. I don't have kids, just grandkids that are also at their homes. We are instructed to not venture out for anything that isn't essential so, as I do have a few Home Depot projects lined up, don't feel like risking all just to buy some drywall patch and paint. We are most likely locked down for 2 more weeks at least so, I'm sorry but, I am looking forward to a little softball. Yahtzee? Really? Neighbors? Yeah, we wave at each other from our windows. I imagine you aren't feeling the full effects of Covid in your area...yet. You're very wise by the way. Psychiatrist maybe?

Last edited:
Jun 10, 2018
NY
Wow I didnt mean to hit a nerve Jeannie. I am an ER nurse in NY so yes definitly feeling the full effects, you are not the only one!

Oct 3, 2019
Wow I didnt mean to hit a nerve Jeannie. I am an ER nurse in NY so yes definitly feeling the full effects, you are not the only one!
Didn't mean to imply that I was the only one. Just, the tone of your instructions to me and others, seemed a bit condescending. That's all.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bmac81802