Seasons and Tourneys Cancelled?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jun 6, 2016
Chicago
Our school has canceled off-campus activities, and since we play across the street at a public park, we almost certainly will not be starting our slate of games next week as scheduled.

We can still practice in the gym (or outside in the parking lot), but no games for the time being. Kinda bummed. This is the best varsity team we've ever had, so I hope this passes quickly and we still get to play a bulk of our schedule.

Nov 25, 2012
USA
Some of our North Texas schools have added an extra week of spring break which includes our school. Softball and all other spring sports are now suspended. I pray I am wrong but I don't see them restarting. Again, I hope I am wrong as I might have watched my Senior play her last game yesterday without even knowing it. Softball Gods, it can't end this way, PLEASE shine down on us🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏

Apr 20, 2015
The real danger is not slowing the spread and overwhelming the healthcare system.

In areas where this has happened the mortality rate is around 1% which for frame of reference is 10 time the mortality rate of the seasonal flu.

In areas where it didn't happen, like Italy early on for example, the healthcare system was overwhelmed and the mortality rate was closer to 5% or roughly 50 times the mortality rate of seasonal flu.

The closest comp we have on recent record is the 1918 Spanish Flu Pandemic which has a similar mortality rate as COVID-19 so far and that infected a third of the planet and killed between 50 and 100 Million people.
This is absolutely correct. Overwhelming the healthcare system also means that we can't care for the normal stuff like heart attacks and premature babies so the mortality rates for everyone go up. Public health and personal health are too very different things

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

May 16, 2016
Illinois
We were scheduled to play a dome tournament in Rosemont Il. (near Chicago) this weekend. The tournament has been canceled. This would have been a non sanctioned travel softball tournament.

Aug 25, 2019
Jumping back to the original topic a bit, are all NCAA softball games canceled?.....With no other sports on, I was looking around to see if a softball game would pop up.

Jul 3, 2013
Jumping back to the original topic a bit, are all NCAA softball games canceled?.....With no other sports on, I was looking around to see if a softball game would pop up.
Any that aren't have limited attendance requirements. Family, support staff, and credentialed media.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Nov 15, 2019
My oldest daughter plays LAX at an NAIA college in Indiana. Classes are going online, but athletics continue. Many kids are leaving campus, but the dorms are open to athletes and kids who can't get home. No change in practice or game schedule.

My other daughters tournament was cancelled this weekend and no practice for 2 weeks.

Jun 6, 2016
Chicago

Yes, they have canceled -- not just suspended or postponed -- canceled the entire softball and baseball seasons. That means no WCWS or CWS this year. A little surprised they're canceling and not just suspending since those don't occur for a couple months. Lots of uproar to give the seniors another year of eligibility because of this (Expect the NCAA to do whatever the wrong thing is here).

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coach101