Seasons and Tourneys Cancelled?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Feb 25, 2018
Squashing the spread curve down is key.

Saw the NCAA announced fan-less tourneys.
Right move.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200311-184419_Twitter.jpg
    Screenshot_20200311-184419_Twitter.jpg
    128.1 KB · Views: 32
Nov 25, 2012
USA
IVY LEAGUE HAS JUST CANCELLED ALL SPORTS FOR THE SPRING SEASON. SOFTBALL IS ONE OF MANY THAT IS DONE THIS YEAR!
Campus at these schools will shut down and be virtual so they will not be able to practice/compete is the reason based on the COVID-19. Better stated.....COVID is the reason, but the virtual study and closed campus leads to no practice/competition, so it is the aftermath.

This is one of my biggest fears and will not be surprised to see this continue at many levels throughout the country. I hope it doesn't as this is my DD's last year as a senior but told my wife earlier that it wouldn't surprise me if it did.

More to come.....

Oct 5, 2015
My youngest attends an Ivy and they were told 3 minutes before the public announcement. Many tears were shed by team. Feel bad for the seniors on the team. My daughter has until sunday to clear out her dorm, get content in to storage and board a 6 hr flight. Strange days indeed.

Dec 11, 2010
My youngest attends an Ivy and they were told 3 minutes before the public announcement. Many tears were shed by team. Feel bad for the seniors on the team. My daughter has until sunday to clear out her dorm, get content in to storage and board a 6 hr flight. Strange days indeed.
Hate to hear that. Feel bad for those kids. It’s for the best but it really stinks to have to give that up.

Aug 29, 2011
NorCal
Rudy Gobbert is a jerk. For those who don’t know he’s the NBA player who tested positive. At the media day 2 days ago he mocked the Over reaction and made a point to touch every mic in the room on his way out. Talk about your entitled jack rear. Karma’s a B Rudy.

Aug 25, 2019
Rudy Gobbert is a jerk. For those who don’t know he’s the NBA player who tested positive. At the media day 2 days ago he mocked the Over reaction and made a point to touch every mic in the room on his way out. Talk about your entitled jack rear. Karma’s a B Rudy.
He may be a jerk, but he's like most people now who have it....They don't know they have it and are going to infect more people. That's why schools and sports are being shut down. This won't stop, but we have to slow it down now so everything, not just hospitals, but EVERYTHING doesn't get overwhelmed. If factory workers get sick, no products, if truck drivers get sick, no delivery of products, if store workers get sick, no stocked products, if restaurant workers get sick, that closes and there is a run on food stores. So if sports have to be the first casualty on this war on the virus, so be it. I'm expecting my DD's HS season gonna get canceled sooner or later (NY), and that stinks, plus I won't be able to umpire games, but those two inconviences are nothing in the grand scheme of things.

Nov 25, 2012
USA
so let me add to this. Yes, they were in OKC tonight. I know an AD for a local school (one of my HS best friends) that just texted me that they have a 9th grade football coach at this HS that also works part-time for the Thunder. His job is to unload the oppoenents team bus (Jazz) and take all their bags to their locker room. Don't know how the virus survives yet but he handled everyone's bag that had their hands on it. This is NUTZ!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bmac81802